Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash issues

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2023, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECUFlash issues

I recently bought an evo 9 and have been trying to read the tune on the car with ecuflash but im having some issues.
1. Every time i read the rom it says unknown rom image and makes me go through a menu to select the defintions i want to use. I have to go through and then select the definition file for the evo 9 and then it still doesnt let me look at the rom. The workaround i have right now is to open tephramod v7 which allows me to look at that rom then i can look at other roms but i still have to go through the unkown rom menu
2. When i finally get to be able to change the rom and reflash the ecu, the car runs the exact same as before the reflash. I have been trying to tune it to get some backfire by delaying the ignition timing at low load but the timing is the exact same as before i changed the tune. When i read the new rom off the ecu it does pull the new rom with the different values but when i log in evoscan all the values look to be from the old tune

Any thought or any links to old thread relating to these issues?
Old Jul 29, 2023, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
1. Unknown ROM Image: It seems like EcuFlash is having trouble recognizing the ROM image you're trying to read. To fix this, make sure you have the latest version of EcuFlash installed. You can also try downloading the latest ROM definition files specifically for the Evo 9 from the EcuFlash website or other trusted sources. These updates might help EcuFlash recognize your ROM image without going through the unknown ROM menu every time.

2. No Changes in Performance: It can be frustrating when you're not seeing any difference in your car's performance after reflashing the ECU. First, double-check that you're making the correct changes to the ignition timing and other parameters in the ROM file. Also, ensure that the changes you made are being saved and successfully reflashed to the ECU.

If you're still not noticing any changes, it's possible that the modifications you're making are not having a noticeable effect on the car's behavior. Tuning ignition timing for backfire can be a bit tricky, and there are other factors like fueling, air intake, and exhaust modifications that can influence the desired effect. It might be helpful to seek advice from experienced tuners or join Evo-specific forums or communities to get more guidance on achieving the backfire effect you're looking for.

Lastly, make sure you're logging the correct parameters in Evoscan. Check that you're selecting the appropriate data channels to monitor the changes you made in the ROM file. If you're not logging the right parameters, you might still see values from the old tune.