Notices
ECU Flash

Can't connect to evo ix

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2017, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can't connect to evo ix

Hi everyone. Recently I bought a tactrix 1.3 and evoscan so I could data log. My laptop recognises the cable and I've got the unlocker open but it won't read the ecu. I tried using ecuflash to read the rom with no luck but also tried evoscan which wouldn't read either. If I leave the car off and try to log it won't connect but if I turn on the ignition it will connect but the logs it saves don't change at all, just fixed figures that go on until I stop logging. The car has a freshly charged battery so that's extremely unlikely to be the issue although would a flat battery make my logs all empty anyway? Has anyone got any ideas of what to try, tomorrow I'm going to dedicate my whole day to getting this working. My car was mapped before I bought it so it's quite unlikely theres a hardware problem although it's not impossible.

evo 9
tactrix 1.3
latest versions of evoscan etc
windows 10, tried on windows 7, was the same
all settings correct as far as I know

thanks for any help
Old Jan 21, 2017, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
Do you have all tephra definitions saved? And copied into rommetadata?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah I think so. I'm a bit of a noob so bare with me. The fact my logs are empty makes me think there's any underlying problem somewhere. Why would it connect but not have anything in the logs? I've done quite a lot of reading up on the mapping side but wasn't prepared for this hurdle really. A tuner I've been talking to said it's a weird one...
Old Jan 22, 2017, 09:06 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Did you go in and set your COMM ports?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Well I did select usb, yeah, and judging from the logger connecting when the ignition is on I assume it's looking in the right place if you see what I mean
Old Jan 22, 2017, 09:45 AM
kaj

But did you set up the COMM ports? When I had the same problem as you, I had to go into my device manager and find which port the cable was using. This isn't my comp, but this is the screen it was on:

Then you go into your EvoScan settings and select that port. Other than that, the basics of setting the program up for your car (1.3, year/make/model/etc).
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

It's a usb cable, is that still relevant?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

OK, com port 3 but in evoscan it says comport device aren't supported, use usb and nothing happens when I click on that
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:47 AM
kaj

It's been a while since setting mine up... and I'm not at home to check my laptop. Did you install the drivers for the cable? You may need to. I think I downloaded and installed the drivers separately, though they are supposed to be included in the software download. I could be wrong, though. It's been a few years.
When I get home, I'll go through mine to see if I'm forgetting something. I had your EXACT problem, just trying to figure out how I fixed it.
Also, your tuner can do it for you, if you have a remote access program installed on your comp.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

I need to get the boss for my afr sensor welded on anyway, I might get them to sort it out then. I'll happily try any suggestions you have though