Notices
ECU Flash

Cannot connect to Evo 9 ECU

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cannot connect to Evo 9 ECU

Hey there. I'm having trouble attempting to communicate to my ECU whether it be via OBD scanner, emissions scanner, and even my tactrix cable I recently purchased. I cannot communicate to it whatsoever. Only one time via my friend's scan tool, but with a second attempt using the same tool, it would not connect. I've done multiple tests to the battery, it's pretty much brand new, reads 14.4 volts when on, I do not believe it's a battery issue. I've checked power to the OBD port, it gets 12v to pin 16 when switched on, and the two ground pins, 4 and 5, have good resistance, not to mention it turns on scan tools when plugged in. I've tried using ECU unlocker (I have the Limitless 1.3u cable and installed the driver) but it does not say it's "unlocking" in the ECUflash log. When using ECUflash it says it's reading the Evo 9 template, then I get the "sending init sequence 1 (F0F0)" followed by "interface close". When using EVOscan, I get absurd values for each checked off item I'm datalogging (i.e. varying knock sum at idle, varying TPS at idle) just stupid values that are obviously incorrect. Not really sure where to go from here, I've checked as many fuses as I could, still nothing. Any help would be appreciated, I've attempted as many fixes as I could without asking for help, but I think it's time. Thank you!
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not an expert but did you try on a different laptop? Or maybe you have to set the correct comm port for the usb!?