Light Throttle 1st/2nd Gear Knock - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Light Throttle 1st/2nd Gear Knock

Old Mar 11, 2017, 09:50 AM   #1
Evolving Member

Drives: Lancer Evolution IV

Light Throttle 1st/2nd Gear Knock

Something I've seen on my own car and pretty much every local Evo I've logged/tuned from modified roms to stock roms seem to have a consistent issue. They all see, on a seemingly random basis, a spike in knock between 3K-4K RPM at light to mid throttle in 1st/2nd. Like enough to flash a CEL at 4+ counts. I'm sure it's just the knock sensor picking up some random noise as it is impossible to replicate. If not does anyone have a solution? Like just pulling a bit of timing in the low load range? Knock at that low of RPM not at wot shouldn't be worrisome anyways. I'm probably just paranoid. Thanks.