Notices

BootCamp, Windows 10 x64 – Tactrix

Old Mar 24, 2017, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BootCamp, Windows 10 x64 – Tactrix

Hi!

I have a Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 and a MacBook Pro with Windows 10 x64 installed via BootCamp.

When trying to connect my Evo with the laptop, it doesn't work. While connecting USB cable, Windows does it's "pararam" (usual when connecting USB devices), but then nothing else happens. It doesn't try to search or install drivers (at least no visual or other indication of that), nothing. EvoScan's "Download ROM" button remains grey and EvoScan log does not receive any records – completely like nothing happens.

Same procedure works flawlessly with another laptop having windows 8 x86. When connecting OpenPort for the first time, it installs the driver, and it all works. There is just one problem with this laptop - it's not mine

All software is latest, downloaded from Tactrix.

Could anyone give me any assistance on what could be the problem, or give me some hints on how to debug it? I'm not really good with Windows, so could be missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by usernameka; Mar 24, 2017 at 04:10 PM. Reason: more details
Old Apr 3, 2017, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by usernameka
Hi!

I have a Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 and a MacBook Pro with Windows 10 x64 installed via BootCamp.

When trying to connect my Evo with the laptop, it doesn't work. While connecting USB cable, Windows does it's "pararam" (usual when connecting USB devices), but then nothing else happens. It doesn't try to search or install drivers (at least no visual or other indication of that), nothing. EvoScan's "Download ROM" button remains grey and EvoScan log does not receive any records – completely like nothing happens.

Same procedure works flawlessly with another laptop having windows 8 x86. When connecting OpenPort for the first time, it installs the driver, and it all works. There is just one problem with this laptop - it's not mine

All software is latest, downloaded from Tactrix.

Could anyone give me any assistance on what could be the problem, or give me some hints on how to debug it? I'm not really good with Windows, so could be missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance!
Its because Windows 10 has an absolutely horrible algorithm for automatic driver installs. You'll have to use device manager and install the Tactrix driver manually from here.

https://www.tactrix.com/index.php?op...d=38&Itemid=61
Old Apr 5, 2017, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
What version of windows is easiest to get evoscan and ecuflash up and running?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Sorry for the late response, thought I answered lol. For ease of use Windows 7 seems to be the best. Windows 10 works just fine if you download the driver. But every once in a while it tries to do that automatic driver installation, so you might have to go to device manager and feed it the correct driver.