Notices

aem uego 30-0300 datalogging with evoscan

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 08:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
aem uego 30-0300 datalogging with evoscan

So, going a tad crazy over here. The AEM Uego has been working great as a display tool, but I hate to say it as an eyeball tool it's pretty much no better than eye candy. I soldered a 22 gauge wire to pin 2 and pin 5 of an rs232 kinda crapily, crimped it in, used the prolific rs232 to usb and set evoscan to listen.

Reads 0 with the RAX logging selected and the external AFR chosen.

So I figure it's because I rushed the solder and made a crappy connection, or maybe I had break in the line (doubt it), so I clipped off some of my good electronic wire, took my time, resoldered a female connector and I mean this thing was beautiful and even color coded correctly this time (lol).

Still no dice on getting evoscan to datalog. Am I missing something? I mean the evoscan items are for like AEM 9600 etc. Does anyone use a 30-0300?

The following wires are connected to my UEGO, the top port and the bottom port on the device (aka, the device has had all it's port filled)

The red 12v into my seat heaters, the black ground into a grounding bolt, the blue serial crimped into pin 2. The fifth pin in the same grounding bolt.

The rest of the wires (the green, the white, the brown) aren't wired up. Have I missed something?

Reference manual: http://www.aemelectronics.com/files/...ns/30-0300.pdf
Old Apr 27, 2017, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going through the same thing. I originally tapped into the rear 02 and got tired of trying to find an accurate equation. Grabbed a serial adapter (Prolific chip) and used an APC serial cable (only has 3 wires, pins 2 and 5 are used on the female side). Got it to read the values using Golden's datafile but RAX would read.

Now I've bought a Keyspan adapter, removed and reinstalled Evoscan and setup a different laptop and no values are read from the WB. I ordered a new serial cable to try but won't be her till Saturday.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Any solution to this problem ? tried data logging with this AEM 30-0300 , edited the formula so many times but cant get it to work properly.