Notices

Age old question...ecutek unlock

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Age old question...ecutek unlock

First off sorry know there are multiple threads about this but they're all pretty dated posts and thought i'd ask due to the amount of different info i've been seeing..

So it's 2017 now and couldn't really find what i'm looking for in my search with a 2010 uk fq 300 ecutek locked and retuned last year with local ecutek dealer for my mods. I have the ecuunlocker 1.1 and most recent version of ecuflash installed...so few questions before i try it as i'm still a noob to this and don't wannaa f things up

1)will the 1.1 version work on windows 10 64bit?or is there an updated version available?
2)is it as simple as first running ecuunlocker and then ecuflash?or is any other program needed?
3)all i really want to do is enable mode 23 for logging, probably the spark cut patch for better sst launch and do an sst teach in and make some changes in ETACS...so is it possible to enable mode 23 and sst teach in through this way without affecting my ecutek tune/keeping my ecutek license intact?

Any info and additional advice would be much appreciated!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 07:02 AM

Unhappy ECU Locked by EcuTek-Tuner

Originally Posted by trinibt65
First off sorry know there are multiple threads about this but they're all pretty dated posts and thought i'd ask due to the amount of different info i've been seeing..

So it's 2017 now and couldn't really find what i'm looking for in my search with a 2010 uk fq 300 ecutek locked and retuned last year with local ecutek dealer for my mods. I have the ecuunlocker 1.1 and most recent version of ecuflash installed...so few questions before i try it as i'm still a noob to this and don't wannaa f things up

1)will the 1.1 version work on windows 10 64bit?or is there an updated version available?
2)is it as simple as first running ecuunlocker and then ecuflash?or is any other program needed?
3)all i really want to do is enable mode 23 for logging, probably the spark cut patch for better sst launch and do an sst teach in and make some changes in ETACS...so is it possible to enable mode 23 and sst teach in through this way without affecting my ecutek tune/keeping my ecutek license intact?

Any info and additional advice would be much appreciated!
Hi, I'm having the same problem here. Can't read from my ECU, cause the previous owner tuned it with ecutek and locked the ROM.
Have you figured out what the problem was?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Armen Vardanyan
Hi, I'm having the same problem here. Can't read from my ECU, cause the previous owner tuned it with ecutek and locked the ROM.
Have you figured out what the problem was?
It's ecutek software itself can't be read by ecuflash...from all i've gathered the only way is to bench ur ecu and reflash with a stock rom but u end up losing the ecutek license...which imho is worth it as opensource/ecuflash tune offers alot more tuning options(such as simple mode 23 enabling, sparkcut patch and some can even tune the SST TCU itself just to name a few things)...but it's up to you at the end of the day if you want to stick with the ecutek as it all comes down to how good the tuner is no matter the software used.

I myself just waiting to install aftermarket intake, intercooler, licp and test pipe then having it re-tuned with ecuflash by a reputable tuner(would've stayed with ecutek but i want mode 23, sparkcut patch(for more boost when launching) SST retuned to better able handle the power and daily drivability, plus a a couple other things ecutek software can't do atleast with the evo x)...although i'd say too that ecutek is not bad if you're just looking to make more power as i'm doing 305whp/314wtq with just drop in k&n filter, grimespeed 3 port, catback exhaust and ETS HFC on 95 RON octane pump gas.

BTW bumping thread also to see if anybody else has any opinions or solutions
Old Nov 17, 2017, 08:53 PM

Stock ROM

Originally Posted by trinibt65
It's ecutek software itself can't be read by ecuflash...from all i've gathered the only way is to bench ur ecu and reflash with a stock rom but u end up losing the ecutek license...which imho is worth it as opensource/ecuflash tune offers alot more tuning options(such as simple mode 23 enabling, sparkcut patch and some can even tune the SST TCU itself just to name a few things)...but it's up to you at the end of the day if you want to stick with the ecutek as it all comes down to how good the tuner is no matter the software used.

I myself just waiting to install aftermarket intake, intercooler, licp and test pipe then having it re-tuned with ecuflash by a reputable tuner(would've stayed with ecutek but i want mode 23, sparkcut patch(for more boost when launching) SST retuned to better able handle the power and daily drivability, plus a a couple other things ecutek software can't do atleast with the evo x)...although i'd say too that ecutek is not bad if you're just looking to make more power as i'm doing 305whp/314wtq with just drop in k&n filter, grimespeed 3 port, catback exhaust and ETS HFC on 95 RON octane pump gas.

BTW bumping thread also to see if anybody else has any opinions or solutions
weil i would immediately reflash to Stock ROM if i had it.
the problem is, i don't have one.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Armen Vardanyan
weil i would immediately reflash to Stock ROM if i had it.
the problem is, i don't have one.
Same problem here...can't even get the ecu rom id, ecutek unfortunately...i'm not 100% sure...but their proprietary tech has now caught up that it can only be read with their program/hardware/software and it seems the evo x has taken a backseat to this as they seem more focused on the gtr, fr-s/brz, wrx/sti and a few others. which is unfortunate especially with the gtr...my bro has one and from tuning alone no mods they are great not to mention having switchable like godzilla mode...nobody bash me plz cuz of this vid lol but just a bit envious/jealous that ecutek seems to have given up on the evo especially when the gtr can do this with their 'race rom' software with easily switch between maps...