aem uego intermittent logging issues - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

aem uego intermittent logging issues

Old Jul 6, 2017, 06:27 PM   #1
Evolving Member

Drives: 05 evo 8

aem uego intermittent logging issues

Hey guys, Ive been having problems logging aem uego on my car ever since I got it set up. I am having this issue where it will show zero, sometimes it will read if I switch the usb ports between the serial cable and the tactrix, other times it wont read even if I switch the ports until I restart the laptop. Now I know if the wires leading to the serial dongle are too long you can have issues similar to this but that is not the issue. I don't know if this could be an issue but I have subaru related tuning software on my laptop as well, today I was tuning an 08 wrx and could only get the wideband to read if I restarted the laptop and then after tuning some It wouldn't read at all even after restarting the laptop. Could there be a driver issue between the two different tuning softwares(ecu flash, evoscan and romraider)? I don't have another logging cable for the wideband so unfortunately I can't rule out the logging cable itself being at fault. Thanks in advance!

Old Jul 7, 2017, 05:40 AM   #2
Evolving Member

Drives: 03 evo w/mivec & 6mt

what version is your cable? the openport 2.0 can read the aem serial directly through the 3.5mm jack. thats how i do it and its very reliable.

Old Jul 7, 2017, 01:13 PM   #3
Evolving Member

Drives: 05 evo 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendSetter View Post
what version is your cable? the openport 2.0 can read the aem serial directly through the 3.5mm jack. thats how i do it and its very reliable.
it is a tactrix 2.0, interesting I have never tried it that way. I will have to look up on how to set that up cause I have been using the rs232 to usb converter cable.

Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:29 PM   #4
Evolving Member

Drives: 2006 Evo9 MR

Check your uego wiring.
It is possibly a bad ground. Whenever I had logging problems, it was always related to the wiring. Not the laptop or drivers.