Notices
ECU Flash

Coping 'stock' rom info onto tephra, few questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 03:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Coping 'stock' rom info onto tephra, few questions

Hi everyone. After doing lots of reading i decided to put a tephra rom on my ix. It took hours but I've copied over all the standard tables and settings but I'm a little confused on some tephra bits. I've read about the 3 different timing maps and apparently 1 is cold, 2 is normal and 3 is limp. I'm assuming that based on that info i want map 2 copied onto the alternate ignition map in tephra? I'll be adding some neg timing in some low load cells in the hope of more flames. Already I occasionally get some pretty decent ones when I left off. Could someone also please give me some info on alternate base wastegate duty 1 and 2, and also alternate boost desired engine load. Where i should copy the info from and also any additional info on it would be nice. The values already in the tephra rom are very different from any I can see in my standard tables, so I don't want to copy over the wrong info! My car has been mapped by a reputable tuner, so i don't want to change too much, just eventually make changes for my new exhaust ive had fitted since mapping and maybe put on my grimmspeed ebc when I've got the know how.

thanks for your help
Old Aug 6, 2017, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

all the alternate map are if you want to add a toggle switch link to the ecu and have access to alternate map. Exemple street map and when you get to the track, you switch to that. or if you switch map when you put octane booster or nitro or running E85... So for now, I assume you don't have that, just leave like they are, it doesn't impact anything.

For all the map 1 and 2 for the timing and AFR, the 1 is the master and it using the #2 when you got a lot of knock to protect your motor.
once you transfer your map in the31 (wacht out, the scale are not the same, it's bigger and the tephra), you just copy your #1 in the #2 and lower it all

hope it can help you
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hi. thanks for the reply. All I really wanted was a bit of popping on the alternate map. i'll do this by adding some low load negative timing. a real issue I have ran into is that my tephra rom 88570008 had a corruption issue where changing the alternate wgdc also changes the alternate low octane ignition map. if anyone has a decent replacement rom they'd like to share id be eternally grateful!