Notices
ECU Flash

Looking into to tuning my Evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking into to tuning my Evo 8

I have an 05 GSR, I'm currently installing intake, intercooler piping, and a diverter valve (I purchased it with a vta HKS). I will need to tune it. What exactly do I need to tune my car? Any tuning company recommendations? Flash tunes? And what other hardware will I need? Thanks!
Old Dec 24, 2017, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Domk20
I have an 05 GSR, I'm currently installing intake, intercooler piping, and a diverter valve (I purchased it with a vta HKS). I will need to tune it. What exactly do I need to tune my car? Any tuning company recommendations? Flash tunes? And what other hardware will I need? Thanks!
Hi buddy,

You will need to get a tactrix 2.0 cable, ECU flash latest version, Evoscan 2.9 and a wideband to see AFR, connect it to ECU and log it.

The rest of the tuning is all about your knowledge and experience.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 09:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's just my $.02, but I'd suggest going with an Innovate WB over an AEM WB, AEM seems to make changes to their WideBand frequently, so if you are not using it with a AEM EMS it can be troublesome to configure. Which is a bummer because I like their other gauges (their Boost gauge especially). I have found when using the analog output that the voltage formula is different in units manufactured at different times, just something to consider.

Good luck with your tuning, don't hesitate to ask questions, take your time and read a lot, and always save a copy of your maps before you change anything so you can go back if your car doesn't like the changes you made.
The following users liked this post:
Domk20 (Dec 24, 2017)