Notices
ECU Flash

EVO 9 Cruising Issues

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 05:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy EVO 9 Cruising Issues

Hey Guys,

I need some help from the guru people here working with Tephra V7 8859 ROMS. I bought an evo 9 which has been converted to SD 4 Omnibar sensor 2.0L with a 6466 Precision Turbo. The car open throttle is a beast but cruising is a mess. The car AFR goes from 13 to completely lean on the highway cruising between 2-3k RPM. When I stop in a light the RPM's goes up and down and then stabilize. On idle the AFR is not stable at all but stay between 13-15. I have seem people with the same combination with a very stable AFR on idle. I have attached the data log from today's cruising and the ROM so you can advice me where the issue could be. I have seem many inconsistencies between what I have seen in the search and the merlins book. The threads start with one subject and ends in order things, so, I can't figure it out. I will log some LTFT Low data today to see how it looks like. I bought a AEM V2 which I'm used to tune but this OEM ECU's have caught my attention. Your advice will be really appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
MG_EVO9_Data_ROM.zip (568.5 KB, 0 views)
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like fueling/SD table needs some more work. ECU is pulling lots of fuel and has maxed out the mid trim, this would cause the bouncing AFRs and cruising and idle.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 03:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ShinjiEvorution
Looks like fueling/SD table needs some more work. ECU is pulling lots of fuel and has maxed out the mid trim, this would cause the bouncing AFRs and cruising and idle.

thanks ShinjiEvorution. I’m doing some modifications due a leak on one of the pumps connections. I will do some runs during the weekend.