Notices
ECU Flash

Evoscan not logging boost correctly

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Evoscan not logging boost correctly

I have looked around and it seems that I am one of the few people having this issue.
For some reason, when I try to log boost in evoscan, the values are not anywhere near the appropriate boost, and sometimes even negative.

Car is a 2005 Evo 8, running a 96530706 Rom, using an Omni 4-bar map sensor to log boost, with zero issues running.
Computer is a newer laptop running windows 10.

Currently, I am trying to log again and I am getting numbers all over the place for boost when I try to log in evoscan. When I am at WOT and the boost gauge is reading ~26-27 psi, evoscan is showing negative numbers that are nowhere near to the boost.
For example: at 4700 RPM, 100% TPS, my data log shows -2.81, 5000 RPM gives me -6.36 PSI. However, when the boost first hits/end of spool (3700 RPM), the data log get up to 22.77 PSI, but that's it.

So my question is: What do you think is going on? Is it a bad ground somewhere, failing sensor, bad Tactrix cable, bad OBD pin, or a failing map sensor?

Another weird thing I noticed what that when I was trying to scale the map sensor with the car not running, it took me to 0.2369*x-13.0 to get the sensor around 0.
I am located at ~750 ft. elevation. The formula for the evals I am using is [0.2369*x-14.3] with the RequestID of 38. Everything I have looked at, shows that my eval and RequestID are correct. I added the item under the JDM map sensor, and as a new entry, both still give me the same issue.

I'm thinking about purchasing another sensor, I would rather try to isolate the issue before replacing parts that are working fine.

Someone please help me out before I go crazy!

I can also send logs or screen shots to anyone willing to help.. I'll PayPal some beer money for the help!

Last edited by mr.k; May 8, 2018 at 08:29 PM. Reason: ninja edit
Old May 12, 2018, 05:43 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
It wouldn't be unheard of for an Omni to go bad. Since your not running SD I wouldn't expect it to effect you too much especially if you aren't using psi based boost control. If it was me I would take a reading straight at the sensor with a multimeter and see if what it is putting out voltage wise matches up with what it should.