Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash issues

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ECUFlash issues

I am having some problems with ECUFlash that I had not encountered before. I tried searching the common issues thread but didn't quite seem to find my issue on there. I had to download an older version from my old laptop, 1.44.4347, to be able to open the read files from EVOScan. However, I can only see/find .hex files through ECUFlash which sucks as all of the stock ROMs are in .xml. I did notice that the window to open files does not give an option to see .xml files only Raw ROMs (.hex .bin) and Structured ROMs (.srf). I can open the file explorer window separately and see 150+ ROMs in the file, but when I go through ECUFlash the file is empty.

Additionally, I am unable to just open up ECUFlash and read the ECU. I have to first open a .hex file within the program for it to give me the options to read, write, and test write to the ECU. I am unable to setup the vehicle type as it does not provide any options, just a blank pop up with the different columns.

Is there a remedy for these issues?

I am trying to figure out an idling issue where the car hunts, leans out and then dies whenever you tap on the throttle.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 02:32 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Change your EcuFlash metadata folder. It's under File->Options, a dialog will pop up, select Metadata Directory and change to the folder rommetadata usually placed under OpenEcu\EcuFlash folder. All the rom XML should be under the Mitsubishi subfolder there too.
For example, mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata .
The following 2 users liked this post by G20:
B00st_junkie (Jan 21, 2022), jspecteggy (Jul 18, 2018)
Old Jul 18, 2018, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G20
Change your EcuFlash metadata folder. It's under File->Options, a dialog will pop up, select Metadata Directory and change to the folder rommetadata usually placed under OpenEcu\EcuFlash folder. All the rom XML should be under the Mitsubishi subfolder there too.
For example, mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata .
Sweet! That allowed me to be able to select a vehicle and also provided the option to read the ECU on the options at the top of the window. I had the directory set up one folder too deep..rookie mistake.. I had it set up like this (C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenECU/rommetadata/mitsubishi)

Also with some lucky clicking, I found the Evo 9 ROM .bin file on my old laptop! Sweet! Onto the real problem now, idling. I'll post up in the General Tuning subsection. Thanks for the help!