Notices
ECU Flash

idle issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Ok well i finally got around to playing with these tables. They helped alot but i think i figured out what the real issue is. I live in florida where it is hot as *****. Its been raining today and temps are pretty cool for a change. Today the tables seemed to be making a difference until it started doing it. What i realized is that this is totally iat temp dependent. When iat is lower than 95 everything seems to work well. When i let the car sit and temps went up around 100 or a bit over, it started doing it. I bet when winter comes around this is not going to happen and car will run well. There has to be some type of table where i can tell the car to ignore iat over a certain temp at a certain rpm or some way to trick ecu into thinking the iat temps are lower than what they are at low rpm. Do you guys know anything about this? If it really is iat temp dependent what do you guys think i can do to remedy this?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
I wonder if this is the same reason that so many evo 8/9 owners experience when starting a hot engine. I know my fuel pump sometimes stay 14V at idle and flood the engine. Could it be some sort of failsafe to help cool the engine?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
This is defenetly the same reason for warm start issues. Yesterday I didn’t have so many warm start issues but on a regular hot day it sucks trying to start it warm. I remember messing with a table that helped with warm start just don’t remember which one. There’s has to be a way to remedy the high iat issue via tricking ecu to the thinking it’s not as high for low rpms.