Notices
ECU Flash

Tscomptuned?? Are they still around?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tscomptuned?? Are they still around?

Hey fam been on here figuring out this ECUFLASH, but even tho i would like to tune it myself, i would love to switch to SD And have Tscomptuned to tune my car, but im having an issue getting a hold of them, anyone able to get me in touch with them would be greatly appreciated, i feel like the companies i want tuning my car, im having no luck getting an appointment, it really sucks, but my mods below will assure u why i would want a new tune, it already has a tune in it but i added a much larger fuel system and will be adding injectors prior to the tune.

Buscher 2.3l
supporting bottom end
buscher stage 3 head
PTE 6262
PTE 780s (installed now)
ID 1050x (for new tune)
running 93
Single walbro 450 (just installed) was a 255
radium walbro 450 fuel hanger (new)
-8 feed line (new)
-6 return line (new)
Adjustable fuel regulator (new)
spoolin up COP (new)

still running MAF
wann run SD

On tephra V7

im all finished now minus the injectors, car start, runs and idles pretty damn good but is pig rich WOT on 780s which the scaling is set at 583. Either or its not making the power it should be making i just want a tune by TSCOMPTUNED if possible!

ricky
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:43 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Fam?

He's a very, very, very, very, very hard guy to reach. I once hit him up to do some work for me. Then I had time to find someone else, have the work done, drive the car... then he finally got back to me
If you have a lot of time, be patient. He'll come though. {bigthumb}
The following users liked this post:
ricky covel III (Aug 20, 2018)
Old Aug 20, 2018, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
I don’t think Tom comes on the site much your best chance is either on Facebook or on his website. Good luck!!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
He is no longer a vendor on the forums. Your best bet is his Facebook or website.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 03:16 PM

Kaj,
you know "evo fam" lol sorry social media my brother, its a bad habit, i hate what it has done to my vocabulary, but thank you for the reply, ive literally called like 5 times left messages, another place i wanted to get tuned basically just either doesnt really want to tune my car or jeez i dunno but i just get the run around and cant get a confirmed date so i can take off work and get my ducks in a row for a just in case since its 2 hours away. but either or this was worth a try, hoping maybe someone knew him since he is one of the top evo tuners for SD up here on the north east. but ill keep trying to find someone i feel that would be up to my standards if not ill just have to keep banging my head against the wall learning how to tune, i mean ill get it eventually, but i would like to get chart and meet some new evo owners im pretty much by myself in my area. sorry i start to just blab thanks again for the reply.

Ricky
Old Aug 20, 2018, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by ctfpevoVIII
I don’t think Tom comes on the site much your best chance is either on Facebook or on his website. Good luck!!
thanks ill try that just gotta remember my facebook password, i dred facebook lol
Old Aug 20, 2018, 03:18 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 4G63Rules
He is no longer a vendor on the forums. Your best bet is his Facebook or website.

thank you for the imput!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 04:50 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by ricky covel III
Kaj,
you know "evo fam" lol sorry social media my brother, its a bad habit, i hate what it has done to my vocabulary, but thank you for the reply, ive literally called like 5 times left messages, another place i wanted to get tuned basically just either doesnt really want to tune my car or jeez i dunno but i just get the run around and cant get a confirmed date so i can take off work and get my ducks in a row for a just in case since its 2 hours away. but either or this was worth a try, hoping maybe someone knew him since he is one of the top evo tuners for SD up here on the north east. but ill keep trying to find someone i feel that would be up to my standards if not ill just have to keep banging my head against the wall learning how to tune, i mean ill get it eventually, but i would like to get chart and meet some new evo owners im pretty much by myself in my area. sorry i start to just blab thanks again for the reply.

Ricky
I think he just kinda got too busy for the forum. Keeping up on internet forums takes a lot of time and he'd probably rather be workin'. It's too bad, because I hear he does good work. I do know he was kinda mad at me for going with someone else, though. What do you expect, though, when you take five weeks to reply to people? It's not like we can't get help elsewhere. No need to wait that long, IMO.
That being said, if you wait, you won't be disappointed. He does good work. But so do lots of other people. So, you know...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 04:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
English Racing can handle an etune for you. And you'll actually be able to get a hold of them.
kaj (Aug 20, 2018)
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yes he is Im currently waiting on an update after making 518whp on the base tune. Well worth the wait. His basetune is better than most peoples dyno tunes fyi.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
He can be very hard to get a hold of, even when he is working on your Etune, which can be very frustrating. He's the only tuner I've used after 7 years of ownership, and like many have said, his tunes are top notch. If you do not have another car to drive or are in a rush to get work done, go elsewhere. He's just too busy as a one man shop and working tunes, engine builds, handling the emails/messages, etc. He has said he is gonna have his GF be his secretary at the shop, and hopefully that does happen and helps out his workload. English Racing is a good option as others have mentioned, and they answer their phone and they do good work as well I have heard. I'll probably stick with Tom for my Evo days, some days he knocks out 3-4 tuning sessions, some days I go a week w/o hearing from him. Just a part of the relationship I'm used to I guess
Old Aug 24, 2018, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by SW20Mike
He can be very hard to get a hold of, even when he is working on your Etune, which can be very frustrating. He's the only tuner I've used after 7 years of ownership, and like many have said, his tunes are top notch. If you do not have another car to drive or are in a rush to get work done, go elsewhere. He's just too busy as a one man shop and working tunes, engine builds, handling the emails/messages, etc. He has said he is gonna have his GF be his secretary at the shop, and hopefully that does happen and helps out his workload. English Racing is a good option as others have mentioned, and they answer their phone and they do good work as well I have heard. I'll probably stick with Tom for my Evo days, some days he knocks out 3-4 tuning sessions, some days I go a week w/o hearing from him. Just a part of the relationship I'm used to I guess
Hard to reach is a understatement, nearly impossible even when I would text him though I know he saw my text but would ignore me. He did my full build and it took one week short of a year, I guess I have really good patience. He does put together a quality engine, but so do many other top notch evo guys. He does very nice work but the fact that it took so long I would not expect to get my car back with the tune knocking, it was running pretty aggressive timing and it had multiple areas were it was getting perhaps false knock , there were intercooler pipes banging against things and downpipe hitting tcase. All these issues have been corrected by someone else as he was much to difficult to get a hold of to fix these issues / too far 4 1/2 drive back and it’s sucks cause it cost me money to fix .
Old Aug 24, 2018, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by ctfpevoVIII

Hard to reach is a understatement, nearly impossible even when I would text him though I know he saw my text but would ignore me. He did my full build and it took one week short of a year, I guess I have really good patience. He does put together a quality engine, but so do many other top notch evo guys. He does very nice work but the fact that it took so long I would not expect to get my car back with the tune knocking, it was running pretty aggressive timing and it had multiple areas were it was getting perhaps false knock , there were intercooler pipes banging against things and downpipe hitting tcase. All these issues have been corrected by someone else as he was much to difficult to get a hold of to fix these issues / too far 4 1/2 drive back and it’s sucks cause it cost me money to fix .
I dealt with Tom years ago when he was just getting off the ground. Waaaayyyy before his shop. He was also ridiculously hard to get a hold of back then. So much so that I never got a finished tune. To his credit when I brought this up years later on a thread that was complaining about how hard it was to get a hold of him (the OP of that thread had an unfinished tune as well), he did offer to complete the tune (a year after it was supposed to be done). Unfortunately my car wasn't running at the time so that never happened. I will say it helped me learn how to tune for myself, so that's a positive. However, this soured my taste on ever dealing with him again. I would however deal with STM, English Racing, or Bootin Performace in a second. They all have a solid reputations and have all held records of some sort with 4G63's.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:10 PM
kaj

On a positive note, Tom flashed my ACD ECU and returned it in a reasonable time.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 05:45 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah it's a waiting game but from what I hear from his tunes and engine builds I can wait. I'm excited to get my flex fuel and sd conversion in end of September! Gonna play with the car for a bit then have him do a full build which I expect will take awhile. Enough time to play around with new BRZ 😁

He's best contacted through email.