Notices
ECU Flash

high rpm knock on transistion from low to high throttle, fuelling not keeping up

Old Sep 1, 2018, 05:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
high rpm knock on transistion from low to high throttle, fuelling not keeping up

Folks, I have been struggling with this issue at the track for a few years and really need some help. I'm in oz.

The car:
I have an Evo 8 (jdm) with an gsc s1 cams, evo 9 turbo and bosch 1000cc injectors running 96530706-v7 rom running 93oct (us).

The problem:
When I back off at high rpm or even on gear change, then go full throttle, the boost builds quickly but the ipw does not keep up causing a lean situation despite reduced high load low ignition timing.
This causes knock until fueling finally catches up and I return back to my fuel map's 11:1 cells.

Have tried:
1. reducing timing + adding fuel (made more boost quicker and didn't work)
2. upping synchronous enrichment (1.5 -> 1.6, didn't work)
3. upping asynchronous tps enrichment (didn't work)
4. upping maf compensation (hmm, not sure if helped)

I have attached screenshots of my timing, fuel, log snippet illustrating the issue.

Hoping someone might have some tips on this.

Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:20 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts
Check your fuel system from tank to injectors. It looks like you are unable to flow enough gas, or generate enough pressure at your injectors.
What fuel pump are you running and what is the setup from tank to rail?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problem with walbro 255 pumping fuel, I consistently get low 11:1s at full loads.

It's the tip in, instant boost at high rpm from small evo 9 turbo. Ecu load sampling seems too slow to adjust.

This wasn't an issue with my previous 9366x rom, just the 9653x rom.

I want to keep the 9653x rom because it has more maps defined that I can tune startup/idle better with my 1000cc inj than mostly undefined 9366x.

Search this Thread