Notices
ECU Flash

Logging issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
Logging issues

Hello everyone. Sorry for the newbish questions. I recently got EcuFlash/Tactrix cable/Evo adapter and have been messing with it and not finding what I need. I was pretty sure that you could log with it but I cant find anything to log other then an option to save a log. Am I missing something? I can read and write the tune just fine so I know its connecting. It doesnt show live data either.

After messing with it and failing, I decided to download Evoscan. Well it doesnt connect to my car. I cant get any data to display and when I attempt to log, it saves it as a blank log and wont play back.

I am hoping someone can tell me what I am doing wrong here or at least point me in the right direction. Car is an 06 Evo. Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2018, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Had some time to mess with it tonight. Figured it out. All works good now.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Alright guys, I am back at it. Having a few more minor issues. I put the Omni 4 bar map in, followed the instructions (found HERE), changed all the parameters for the map and went logging. I did not change any settings in Evoscan so that may be the issue but when it logs boost, it shows I am hitting 1.7 bar. In reality, I am hitting between 1.2-1.3 bar. I double checked all my map settings to make sure it was scaled right and it all looks correct. Is there something I need to change in Evoscan? In the link I posted, it says I need to change something in the hex file but I think that is just to convert it to PSI. Does it sound like I need to mess with the map sensor scaling some more? I can post up screen shots of everything later tonight if needed.

On a separate issue, I was logging knock sums as well. They arent displaying how I have seen some other peoples. So say on the graph at load 220 and at 6000 rpm, it will say "0.5". Does that mean 5 counts of knock?

Sorry for the newb questions! This software is unlike any other tuning software I have used.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

I think I need to mess with the program more before I ask questions haha. Figured out the boost logging. Problem was in Evoscan. Now we got boost! But not very much... soon to be fixed.

I am still questioning the way the numbers come out for the knock sum. Is every .1 a knock?

Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You are seeing a decimal number of knock because you are viewing an average of the knock counts and log counts. In the upper right corner of that screen has a drop down menu labeled “Data values”. Change it to maximums. I believe that is what you are looking for.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you! I will look into it when I get home but I have a feeling you are correct.

Hopefully that is the last issue I have. The only thing left I have to hook up is the wideband. It seems pretty straight forward since I am doing it straight to the laptop via a serial port. We will find out tonight. If all goes good, tuning will begin tomorrow!
Old Sep 29, 2018, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

Here I am, back again. More issues. Out of nowhere, it no longer logs. It shows live data in Evoscan, shows data while recording but seems to save an empty log. Wont show any playback info in Evoscan. The odd thing is that I can view the log fine in excel.

Maybe related - When I start the log, the dash lights start to flash. I assume that's normal. When I hit 12 mph, the lights stop flashing. Is that normal?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
Here I am, back again. More issues. Out of nowhere, it no longer logs. It shows live data in Evoscan, shows data while recording but seems to save an empty log. Wont show any playback info in Evoscan. The odd thing is that I can view the log fine in excel.

Maybe related - When I start the log, the dash lights start to flash. I assume that's normal. When I hit 12 mph, the lights stop flashing. Is that normal?
The light flashing is normal certain cables do that. Mine even does that.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

I figured the flashing is normal but is it supposed to flash during the entire log? Cause mine stops flashing once I hit 12 mph. Once I go back below 12 mph, it starts flashing again.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 01:19 PM

Are you seeing a full log in excel? If yes, where are you seeing the empty log exactly?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

I dont know what I did but it's back to logging today. When I opened live tracer map from evoscan, panel #1 would show a blank chart. No matter what I clicked on, it stayed blank. Today, I do a log and it shows everything I click on. The dyno chart even worked. So I dont know what happened. I didn't change anything...

but now that its logging again, I am back to messing with it. Air fuel is not reading right. The log matches the wideband at 14-15 afr. However, under full load the wideband drops to 11 and the log shows a 14.9. The current equation I am using is .03913*x+13. The post I found about it says to set it at .03913*x+9 but it read way fat the entire time. It's an AEM standard wideband. I think they are the x series. Do those formula #s seem right?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 02:59 PM

What box do you have ticked to log wideband in evoscan?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

I have it setup to "aem wideband". I had to add it in order to read. I messed with equation some and nothing helps. It almost seems like it outputs the signal backwards. As in the richer it goes on the wideband gauge, the leaner it reads on evoscan. He is a quick log I did with the formula just set to "x" just to see what it reads.

Old Sep 29, 2018, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Also, if I click on the normal afr map, I get these readings. But I don't think these values are off the wideband???

Old Sep 29, 2018, 03:33 PM

Yes those values you see when you log “AFR Map” is exactly what is in your afr map, not logged wideband. I understand you are logging using a serial cable or serial to usb. Try selecting your wideband (or closest to it) from the drop down wideband menu on the first evoscan screen. Then tick the wideband option that has “WDB” in the request column.