Notices
ECU Flash

Returning The Tactrix OpenPort 2.0?

Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Returning The Tactrix OpenPort 2.0?

Does anyone know a way I can reach Tactrix about getting a return on this product?

I bought it back in June 2018 with the guarantee that it will work with a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (2.4L MIVEC, USDM, Manual Transmission). However, after several emails back and forth with Tactrix, they haven't responded to me since August. Even calling their number in San Francisco won't connect me to them.

I didn't pay ~$300 for a tuner that didn't work on my car. I still have the emails from them stating that this product will work with my specific vehicle.

If you have anyway for me to contact Tactrix, please let me know.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:28 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
whats not working?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Whats not working? It should work...
Old Oct 2, 2018, 01:19 PM

So, whenever I try connect the Tactrix unit to my vehicle, the ECUFlash always fails. They told me to try different vehicles, but none of them are able to read the ECU. I’ve used an Unlocker, the Debug version they’ve sent me, I’ve sent them the debug logs, the ECU model number, and everything. However, over the last three months I’ve been getting the cold shoulder from the company.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 05:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Try putting the car on a battery charger for a bit before flashing it, and then also keep it on the charger while flashing. I'm not sure about a 2006 base lancer, but I know the Evo9 will fail to read/write every time if the ECU voltage is below 12.7 volts (I think that's the right number lol).
Old Oct 2, 2018, 05:33 PM

I have tried this before, however, there is no change.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 05:35 PM

in ecuflash what ECU are you selecting? Do you have the flash connector hooked up? When you plug your computer into the Openport 2.0 does it show up on the bottom right of ecuflash?

Make sure you are using the newest versions of their software by downloading them from their site.

Last edited by Biggiesacks; Oct 2, 2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 05:40 PM

I had the Flash Connector set up, and I have used all the definitions pre-installed in EcuFlash, as they have told me to.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by HotandReddy
I had the Flash Connector set up, and I have used all the definitions pre-installed in EcuFlash, as they have told me to.
Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, when you open up ecuflash and select ECU from the top menu correct?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 05:42 PM

Using EvoSCAN, I get an error saying "Less than 5Volts detected on the cable. Please plug the OpenPort 2.0 Cable into the vehicle." Defective pin/pins, maybe?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, when you open up ecuflash and select ECU from the top menu correct?
Yes. I open EcuFlash, select "ECU" then select "Select Vehicle Type". From here, I have tried every Mitsubishi option on here, as per the discretion of the people at Tactrix.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 05:45 PM

Using EvoSCAN, I get an error saying "Less than 5Volts detected on the cable. Please plug the OpenPort 2.0 Cable into the vehicle." Defective pin/pins, maybe?
Oh yah thats a problem at the OBD2 port. I leave the openport in my car all the time, and i added a switch on the +12v rail of the OBD2 port so i could turn it off when the car will sit for a while. If i forget to turn it back on and try to connect i get that error. Check your fuses.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
Oh yah thats a problem at the OBD2 port. I leave the openport in my car all the time, and i added a switch on the +12v rail of the OBD2 port so i could turn it off when the car will sit for a while. If i forget to turn it back on and try to connect i get that error. Check your fuses.
Will do! Just gotta figure out which fuse it would be...
Old Oct 2, 2018, 05:50 PM

the obd pinout is standardized so if you just do a google search you can see which pin should be the +12 volt. Then you can use a multimeter to test between that pin and ground and if you don't have the +12v then you need to dig in. If you do then chances are the tactrix is defective.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Will do! Just gotta figure out which fuse it would be...
Generally, the OBD port is the same fuse as the Cig lighter.

Search this Thread