Notices

3 port tuning question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 3 port tuning question

I have 2009 Ralliart, upgraded turbo, and installed a 3 port. I noticed some of the maps with the stock pill use a "boost control load offset" value of anywhere from 80-120 or more.. boost pill maps looks like has a "0" here. Does anyone have a 3 port that can check the value or does anyone know what a starting point would be here? is there a map already around with a 3 port tune that I can look at? I found a bunch of info on 3 ports on older Evos, but cant find much on the actual tuning of the 10 or RA. Can some one point me in the right direction ? even better would be an explanation of this value and what it does. In Merlins guide, he touches on it for a minute, but all his info uses an offset value, and now I see a "0" here and it isn't making sense to me anymore. Unless the offset has to do with the pill and with a 3 port uses a "0".. but that's a complete guess on my end.

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 13, 2018, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I found the answer to part of my question... I now know what the offset value does. BUT I still don't know what the offset should be with a 3 port.
the picture shows the map of the Basemap stock pill VS basemap boost pill … just wondering which would be a better starting point for the 3 port.
or is the 3 port something completely different ? In a perfect world, and explanation of why each map is used in the particular application. I like to know the how and the why behind answers so I can make my own informed decision.