Notices
ECU Flash

Grimmspeed EBC map on EVO IX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Grimmspeed EBC map on EVO IX

I recently got my car tuned after I installed the Grimmspeed EBC on my stock turbo EVO IX with Cosworth 272 cams. I am now boosting 23psi but it now feels very laggy (if thats a word).

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their ecuflash boost settings. So I can reference my settings.

Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
I don't think we are allowed to post someone else's tune. Maybe a tuner can step in to help you out.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer
I don't think we are allowed to post someone else's tune. Maybe a tuner can step in to help you out.
I appreciate the reply. I did not know that. I was just hoping someone would help me out with the boost setting but I understand.

Thanks
Old Dec 11, 2018, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

I just noticed that you're near many of us. I can take a look at your tables to see how it looks. PM me and I'll try to help you out and show you your tune. My guess is your tuner was limiting your boost spikes by increasing your lag to protect your rods. Are you on stock block?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:32 PM

Thumbs up

I just noticed that you're near many of us. I can take a look at your tables to see how it looks. PM me and I'll try to help you out and show you your tune. My guess is your tuner was limiting your boost spikes by increasing your lag to protect your rods. Are you on stock block?
Yeah for the most part I'm stock block. I'll send you a PM. Thank you!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Just as an update. Tune was locked and I couldn't view or edit tune. Does anyone know if there's a file I need to download to get inside and view this tune?

So all we can do was log the drive and runs. In the logs, I see timing bouncing all over the place from 5 degrees advance to 40 degrees. This is likely why we were riding a raging bull around the parking lot. Then, watching the Loads, this IX turbo was hitting 320 on 91 gas. I hit this on my 71hta too but on E85 tune. Luckily, his timing is 0 to -1, so there wasn't any knock recorded. IDC is slightly over 100% at 5500rpm (Load at >300), so if we can get Load to 260, IDC should be safer.

Tyler created a base stockish tune, but we would need to tune to step up the boost curve (WGDC) and adjust ignition and fuel maps. Taking this up slowly will take a lot of time. Is this the best and only option (other than going back to tuner to waste more time getting the run around)? We only need a temporary safe tune until he can get all his upgrades installed for tuning by Sam.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just as an update. Tune was locked and I couldn't view or edit tune. Does anyone know if there's a file I need to download to get inside and view this tune?

So all we can do was log the drive and runs. In the logs, I see timing bouncing all over the place from 5 degrees advance to 40 degrees. This is likely why we were riding a raging bull around the parking lot. Then, watching the Loads, this IX turbo was hitting 320 on 91 gas. I hit this on my 71hta too but on E85 tune. Luckily, his timing is 0 to -1, so there wasn't any knock recorded. IDC is slightly over 100% at 5500rpm (Load at >300), so if we can get Load to 260, IDC should be safer.

Tyler created a base stockish tune, but we would need to tune to step up the boost curve (WGDC) and adjust ignition and fuel maps. Taking this up slowly will take a lot of time. Is this the best and only option (other than going back to tuner to waste more time getting the run around)? We only need a temporary safe tune until he can get all his upgrades installed for tuning by Sam.
Jeez sounds like a weird tune. When you say get load down to 260, what exactly do you mean? It's still unclear to me why load values swing so much. Does it have anything to do with MAF scaling?