Notices
ECU Flash

Car dies at idle when AC is on

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 05:43 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
My car has a slight backfire, some times, so I think my car may be dumping a bit too much fuel at tip in/between shifts.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by kaj
My car has a slight backfire, some times, so I think my car may be dumping a bit too much fuel at tip in/between shifts.
That's crazy, I deal with almost the same thing which brought me to this thread! Glad to know I'm not alone.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 06:07 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Welcome2GoodBur
That's crazy, I deal with almost the same thing which brought me to this thread! Glad to know I'm not alone.
Not at all! When trying to give the car just a bit of throttle, like in parking lots or cruising, It likes to do a weird hesitate/lurch thing. It's really annoying, but it's done that since I modded it. When it was stock is the only time it hasn't done so. Meh.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
Not at all! When trying to give the car just a bit of throttle, like in parking lots or cruising, It likes to do a weird hesitate/lurch thing. It's really annoying, but it's done that since I modded it. When it was stock is the only time it hasn't done so. Meh.
Hey Kaj,
After my last post, I made a slight change in my setup. Not sure if this will help you, but maybe it will help someone! After researching this a little bit further, I read a few posts that suggested running a line directly from my Tial BOV to the intake manifold. I still had my "hard line" setup on the engine cover, and at the advice of Tial, I went ahead and purchased some 1/4" vacuum line. Sure enough, after removing the hardline and replacing with the vacuum line, I can say that a LOT of my low RPM/ Low speed buck is gone. It's a night and day difference. At first I thought I was imaging it, how could this affect that?? But after more than a few trips with my speed going down to as low as 5-10 mph (which would normally cause some pretty sever jerking), I can report that it just feels so much smoother.

Hopefully this helps someone, I'm not sure why I waited so long to do this!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 04:52 PM
kaj

I run the OEM DV and it's already plumbed to the IM per OEM. Nice heads up, though. Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 06:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Welcome2GoodBur
Hey Kaj,
After my last post, I made a slight change in my setup. Not sure if this will help you, but maybe it will help someone! After researching this a little bit further, I read a few posts that suggested running a line directly from my Tial BOV to the intake manifold. I still had my "hard line" setup on the engine cover, and at the advice of Tial, I went ahead and purchased some 1/4" vacuum line. Sure enough, after removing the hardline and replacing with the vacuum line, I can say that a LOT of my low RPM/ Low speed buck is gone. It's a night and day difference. At first I thought I was imaging it, how could this affect that?? But after more than a few trips with my speed going down to as low as 5-10 mph (which would normally cause some pretty sever jerking), I can report that it just feels so much smoother.

Hopefully this helps someone, I'm not sure why I waited so long to do this!
Mine is ran from BOV directly to IM also. I'm pretty sure my bucking has something to do with my speed density tune. Still trying to get to the bottom of it.

Originally Posted by Evo_Jay
Your tables should NOT be in steps. They should be in "demand %"

Go read MRFREDs ISCV disassembly thread.
Do you know if the tables on the original post of that thread have the latest info and if they will work with the 96531706-TephraMod-phenem-sd ROM? It's hard to judge what is the best information as that thread is over 30 pages long..

---------------
Edit:

Also, the tables I am playing with are the ones under the Idle section. The tables they talk about in the first few pages of the disassembly thread are under ISCV control. For my ROM these tables are in % demand. I feel like steps position for the idle table is probably more correct?
Attached Thumbnails Car dies at idle when AC is on-step-vs-demand.bmp  

Last edited by bpk1337; Apr 24, 2019 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Grammar