Notices
ECU Flash

What could be causing WGDC to decay over time?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What could be causing WGDC to decay over time?

So, I've started fiddling with the boost control. And i can't seem to get the car to make over 20psi, regardless of what I set the boost adder/main map WGDC/BDEL tables to. Did a bit of logging and noticed that the WGDC just falls over time, to the point where its at like 50% whilst cruising? Even though I have the "WGDC 100% under this load" set to 150. I've tried zeroing out the different correction tables, yet something is still effecting the WGDC. I'm wondering if this is why it feels so laggy in 3rd/4th/5th below 4000rpm.

Here for example, boost error and load error are positive, yet WGDC corr is also positive, however WGDC Correction remains flat, implying it's not actually being controlled by the WGDCC value.

I probably should have checked this before posting.. but maybe my evoscan is just wrong. How can all three parameters be logging from the same source (8A)?..

Attached Files

Last edited by 3VOLUTIONIST; May 6, 2019 at 12:46 PM.
Old May 7, 2019, 03:15 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Are you looking to use PSI based boost control or Load? You're going to use Boost Error for PSI based boost control or Load Error for Load based boost control, not both. Post up your ROM or tables so we can take a look.

Also, I wouldn't log that many things at once. I would only log the items you need to achieve the result you're looking for.