Notices
ECU Flash

How to backup ECU prior to DIY tuning

Old Jun 24, 2019, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to backup ECU prior to DIY tuning

I have been reading through the tuning forums for the last few months which has answered almost all my questions...

One that remains I would like to confirm. I have an Evo 8 FQ 320 with the stock ECU that has been tuned by a local tuner (Australia). I would like to install Tephra v7 and try some tuning myself... but would like a full ECU backup as a fallback.

If I download my current ROM .bin, is this a complete ECU backup and restore point in case I mess something up? Is there anything else that would need to be backed up?

Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by MattsFQ
I have been reading through the tuning forums for the last few months which has answered almost all my questions...

One that remains I would like to confirm. I have an Evo 8 FQ 320 with the stock ECU that has been tuned by a local tuner (Australia). I would like to install Tephra v7 and try some tuning myself... but would like a full ECU backup as a fallback.

If I download my current ROM .bin, is this a complete ECU backup and restore point in case I mess something up? Is there anything else that would need to be backed up?

Thanks!
Hi, the answer its yes a backup of your current ROM its a great idea to rollback, upload a copy to a cloud free storage service if something goes wrong with your current computer, remember to copy your fuel and maf tables to Tephramod rom to use it as a base map and of course a wideband its something required.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 05:35 PM

Great, thanks Rava!

If I load the Tephra .ROM, and then want to roll back and load my current .ROM, will Tephra be completely removed?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 08:42 PM

Great, thanks Rava!

If I load the Tephra .ROM, and then want to roll back and load my current .ROM, will Tephra be completely removed?
You welcome man, that's right, Tephra its a rom with modifications to customize advanced features and parameters, when you flash another rom all this features and parameters are overwrite I suggest to you to read about load two roms and switch them with the IC spray switch, you can load one ROM for "race" and one for daily for example.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 07:38 AM

That's great, thanks again Rava... I will make a backup of my .ROM and get into my tuning
Old Jun 26, 2019, 01:25 PM

That's great, thanks again Rava... I will make a backup of my .ROM and get into my tuning
You welcome dude

Search this Thread