EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   2 Step Map Definition (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/200580-2-step-map-definition.html)

Noogles May 11, 2006 02:41 PM

2 Step Map Definition

DO NOT TRY THIS UNTIL COLBY, AL, OR SOMEONE ELSE VERIFY'S IT IS CORRECT

Here is what i came up with

under the Evo7base Inherited definition

Data Values (3D)
Name: Two Step Level: [blank] Address: 2750 Category: Timing
Scaling: Timing

X Axis
Name: RPM
Type: X Axis Adress: 640e Elements: 5
Scaling: RPM

Y Axis
Name: Vehicle Speed
Type: Y Axis Adress: 118e Elements: 1
Scaling Vehicle Speed

Under 96940011 Tab

Data Values (3D)
Level: [blank] Adress: 2750
Scaling: Timing

X axis
Address: 640e Elements: 8
Scaling: RPM

Y Axis
Address: 118e Elements: 1
Scaling: Vehicle Speed

At the Table I Inserted
vehicle speed= 0 km/hr
RPM is set in 500rpm intervals
And -110 degrees of retard

Example 6250 Being the Stationary Rev Limit

6102 6148 6199 6250 6301 6252 6398 6449
0 km/hr -110 -110 -110 -110 -110 -110 -110 -110

*Side Note: Has anyone figured out how to delete unwanted Maps(definitions)

DynoFlash May 11, 2006 03:09 PM

Its listed on the left hand side under one of the maps you click its a sinmgle value map using ecutek terminology - (all the maps listed are directly from ecutek btw) - its the "statonary rev limit value"

RazorLab May 11, 2006 03:15 PM

Wait. Does this mean we can make new definitions that don't exist in the factory ROM?

Noogles May 11, 2006 03:15 PM

I know that but that just cuts fuel and spark, i want to retard the timming to build boost on the launch?

Is my reasoning incorrect?

I don't think it's adding a new definition more of setting a new subroutine but i may be totally wrong thats why i wanted a Pro to look at it first.

RazorLab May 11, 2006 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Noogles

I don't think it's adding a new definition more of setting a new subroutine but i may be totally wrong thats why i wanted a Pro to look at it first.

Sorry, that's kinda what I meant.

b0ostedEV08 May 11, 2006 08:22 PM

I know that but that just cuts fuel and spark, i want to retard the timming to build boost on the launch?

Is my reasoning incorrect?

I see what you are saying... Do you have a C-compiler? You first have to understand what subroutine is controlling launch rev limter in the first place and the C-compiler must understand the whole ROM image data. It can be done, but with more deep involve with the software. This wouldn't be done over night.

DynoFlash May 11, 2006 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by b0ostedEV08
I see what you are saying... Do you have a C-compiler? You first have to understand what subroutine is controlling launch rev limter in the first place and the C-compiler must understand the whole ROM image data. It can be done, but with more deep involve with the software. This wouldn't be done over night.

You seem very adept at these concepts. Can you explain WHY all the initial parameters that have been released on the first version of this free softwear are identical to the same exact parameters in the Ecutek "flash evo" product of which you have a copy ? I am not trying to be obnoxious about this, but I find it personally obsene that you have basically taken all the ecu tek parameters and are now claiming that you rendered some insight into building these "definitions".

I was kind of hoping to see some new parameters unlocked that I may not have already . . . . it was a bit of a let down to see basically the laundry list of ecutek parameters copied.

RazorLab May 11, 2006 08:55 PM

and here we go.. Al could you just PM him if you want to start crap? I think we all would thank you if you did that. Thanks!

b0ostedEV08 May 11, 2006 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
You seem very adept at these concepts. Can you explain WHY all the initial parameters that have been released on the first version of this free softwear are identical to the same exact parameters in the Ecutek "flash evo" product of which you have a copy ? I am not trying to be obnoxious about this, but I find it personally obsene that you have basically taken all the ecu tek parameters and are now claiming that you rendered some insight into building these "definitions".

I was kind of hoping to see some new parameters unlocked that I may not have already . . . . it was a bit of a let down to see basically the laundry list of ecutek parameters copied.

First thing first, you should know better than me. That Techtom released their software for flashing EVOs before EcuTek. And they used similar names or the same names for maps as Techtom. You can name a map any way you like. I just named them the same for people who a familiar with these Mitsubishi built MAPS. Second Mitsubishi engineers made these maps in these ROM files, not Ecutek, Techtom, or myself. So let me school you for a bit.... An example... the map named "high Octane Fuel Map" that you can plain see if you look at a hex editor. But I took it a step higher, I took this 256K ROM and disassembled a stock ROM. This is what I found in the subroutine concerning the "High Octane Fuel Map". The data starts at address: 33B2 on the ROM JM9417. The first 16bits in hex: 03 00, that indicates what type of map it is... which means 3D Map. The next 32 bits is a RAM address location where this info is stored. The next 32 bits is another RAM location where info is stored about this map, the next 8 bit is the Y axis (RPM) size in hex 0F which is 15 RPM points. After that... the data starts. Hmmm... How do I know that? I went through the code. Also in this subroutine, it calls for another subroutine which is right after the main subroutine for this function calls the map address of "High Octane Fuel Map" at address: 33B2 (as a reminder if you lost track) the main subroutine calls for an address: DE0 wich does all the caculations for the so called named map "High Octane Fuel Map" Also before this main subroutine for this function is calls for the X and Y axis and after each call... it calls for another subroutine which is address CC6 to do the calculations for X and Y axis.

So if you like, we can rename these maps if it makes things better. And yes I have new maps that I found, and will post them shortly....

DynoFlash May 11, 2006 10:12 PM

First thing first, you should know better than me. That Techtom released their software for flashing EVOs before EcuTek. And they used similar names or the same names for maps as Techtom. You can name a map any way you like. I just named them the same for people who a familiar with these Mitsubishi built MAPS. Second Mitsubishi engineers made these maps in these ROM files, not Ecutek, Techtom, or myself. So let me school you for a bit.... An example... the map named "high Octane Fuel Map" that you can plain see if you look at a hex editor. But I took it a step higher, I took this 256K ROM and disassembled a stock ROM. This is what I found in the subroutine concerning the "High Octane Fuel Map". The data starts at address: 33B2 on the ROM JM9417. The first 16bits in hex: 03 00, that indicates what type of map it is... which means 3D Map. The next 32 bits is a RAM address location where this info is stored. The next 32 bits is another RAM location where info is stored about this map, the next 8 bit is the Y axis (RPM) size in hex 0F which is 15 RPM points. After that... the data starts. Hmmm... How do I know that? I went through the code. Also in this subroutine, it calls for another subroutine which is right after the main subroutine for this function calls the map address of "High Octane Fuel Map" at address: 33B2 (as a reminder if you lost track) the main subroutine calls for an address: DE0 wich does all the caculations for the so called named map "High Octane Fuel Map" Also before this main subroutine for this function is calls for the X and Y axis and after each call... it calls for another subroutine which is address CC6 to do the calculations for X and Y axis.

So if you like, we can rename these maps if it makes things better. And yes I have new maps that I found, and will post them shortly....

I am simply saying it looked odd to me when I opened the softwear and all the map locations you have listed are the same exact ones listed in the Ecutek softwear release. Not one function in Ecutek is not listed in the new free softwear and you have not listed one that is in Ecutek. In fact every Ecutek paramater is there and no others.

I am not Ecutek so I really don't care.

I am just hoping that new parameters can be found which can help improve my ability to tune these cars.

Al

b0ostedEV08 May 11, 2006 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I am simply saying it looked odd to me when I opened the softwear and all the map locations you have listed are the same exact ones listed in the Ecutek softwear release. Not one function in Ecutek is not listed in the new free softwear and you have not listed one that is in Ecutek. In fact every Ecutek paramater is there and no others.

I am not Ecutek so I really don't care.

I am just hoping that new parameters can be found which can help improve my ability to tune these cars.

Al

There will be new ones, we were adding them to the definitions today. Just need to finish them up.

DynoFlash May 11, 2006 10:23 PM

There will be new ones, we were adding them to the definitions today. Just need to finish them up.

No rush man

Its a great product

If you cans can find the collant temprature enrichment it would be really cool

Also - ability to turn off the 0300 code cel and the read 02 sensor cel - these matters have been consuming my time for months to no avail

Noogles May 12, 2006 12:42 AM

I know little to nothing about programming. i took a few C++ classes in school but i almost failed.

I was just trying so do what i could with waht i thought i knew but i'll be leaving the rest to the professionals.

What would have happened it i would have loaded this map into my ECU?

b0ostedEV08 May 12, 2006 01:31 AM

I know little to nothing about programming. i took a few C++ classes in school but i almost failed.

I was just trying so do what i could with waht i thought i knew but i'll be leaving the rest to the professionals.

What would have happened it i would have loaded this map into my ECU?

Which map you referring to?

b0ostedEV08 May 12, 2006 01:41 AM

Oh that map you were talking about above. So were you going to put a subroutine in the ROM yourself for this new function? First step, you should get a disassembler to disect the ROM and understand how your ECU works, then maybe you can put features in the way you like. I am currently working on full disecting this ROM. About 45% done. Should take me another 6 months to go through all 885 SUBROUTINES in the EVO 8!!!