EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   ECUflash and Alky/Meth questions??? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/208188-ecuflash-alky-meth-questions.html)

djmikeymike Jun 24, 2006 09:23 PM

ECUflash and Alky/Meth questions???

could you tune the high fuel and timing maps for alky or meth..... but keep the low fuel and timing maps tuned for fuel only..... like a safe map if you run out of alky or meth so u dont blow the motor........ would the ECU react fast enough to switch maps?

Obviously i am implying the EVO8

Evo_Jay Jun 24, 2006 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by djmikeymike
could you tune the high fuel and timing maps for alky or meth..... but keep the low fuel and timing maps tuned for fuel only..... like a safe map if you run out of alky or meth so u dont blow the motor........ would the ECU react fast enough to switch maps?

I also want to know the answer to this qestion

FYI, The IX has two fuel maps (like the VIII) but six ignition maps. So if you could be done on a VIII, it should be able to be done on a IX.

Evo_Jay Jun 28, 2006 09:22 PM

Bump

Evo_Jay Jun 29, 2006 05:55 PM

^^^^

Gruppe-S Jul 12, 2006 02:53 PM

Highly not recommended. Please don't do this the high det maps are there for a reason, you'll more than likely blow up your engine.

Thanks,

Gary
Gruppe-S

RazorLab Jul 12, 2006 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Gruppe-S
Highly not recommended. Please don't do this the high det maps are there for a reason, you'll more than likely blow up your engine.

Thanks,

Gary
Gruppe-S

I wonder how DynoFlash does his "dual-map" tunes...

Evo_Jay Jul 12, 2006 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by razorlab

+1

DynoFlash Jul 12, 2006 03:21 PM

It does not involve using the high and low octane fuel maps

All I can tell you is thus far the so called "dual stage" mapping has worked really great. I have several customers using it going mid 11's on stock turbo and not one blown motor yet.

Of course over boosting is not advised on pump gas with a "dual stage" tuning map.

The "dual stage" single map is of course now suplimented and out dated by the free "DUAL MAPS" for race and pump gas I give all custom tuned customers now.

BTW - Properly tuned evos will never run on the low octane fuel and timing maps

Pulling of timing by the ecu is related to knock count and has nothing tgo do with the low octane map

A stock ecu will go to negative timing numbers fast if knock is present with both ecu maps fixed the same

Evo_Jay Jul 12, 2006 03:21 PM

edit

DynoFlash Jul 12, 2006 03:22 PM

Cant do it

Check out the new snow safegaurd

http://www.snowperformance.net/prodd...p?prod=SI%2D10

Gruppe-S Jul 12, 2006 04:15 PM

I can't speak for other tuners, but for example the Ecutek software allows for "map switching". Basically the Ecutek map switching with a stock ECU is really just a variation in timing / AFR parameters based on boost pressure. Because you generally run higher boost pressures for higher octane gas, you can correlate the tuning for low and high boost with the assumption that you will be putting in high octane gas when running high boost. We've done a few of these maps on the WRX's, only to run into quite a few problems down the road. This is why we don't recommend this for reflashes and we stick with the Cobb AP's for map switching.

Incidently we received the Cobb AP Alpha-version (yes it's pre-beta haha) EVO software. The hardware is soon to come. If you're looking for map switching, just give it a bit more time, the AP should be coming out soon. :)

Cheers,

Gary
Grupe-S

DynoFlash Jul 12, 2006 05:48 PM

I can't wait to get my hands on the access port as if the evo product is anything like the suabru product its one amazing product

The ability to have live map tracing and tuning really simplifys and speeds up the tuning process and allows for greater precision

Access Port is a amazing product

l2r99gst Jul 12, 2006 05:56 PM

I have never seen a DynoFlash Map or any othe tuners for that matter, but I would imagine it to simply be an area of the map that wouldn't be reached under normal pump gas, low boost conditions. But, when you use alky with high boost then you would enter into the higher load cells (the "dual map" area), that are tuned more aggressively.

Eric

dudical26 Jul 13, 2006 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
I have never seen a DynoFlash Map or any othe tuners for that matter, but I would imagine it to simply be an area of the map that wouldn't be reached under normal pump gas, low boost conditions. But, when you use alky with high boost then you would enter into the higher load cells (the "dual map" area), that are tuned more aggressively.

Eric

That is how the dual stage map from al works.

Ludikraut Jul 13, 2006 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by l2r99gst

Eric

That sounds pretty dicey, given the range of the stock map and that you can hit the highest load cells on pump gas. Wow.

l8r)