EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   1000cc injector Calibration (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/227954-1000cc-injector-calibration.html)

Juiced Oct 8, 2006 12:43 PM

1000cc injector Calibration

I was thinking about using the AEM method to set the latency on my new precision 1000cc injectors, can anyone offer up some tips/tricks to getting these to run correctly?

dan l Oct 8, 2006 02:04 PM

Whats the AEM method?

JohnBradley Oct 8, 2006 02:09 PM

I think he means the AEM injector wizard. Dont they have latency tables for various injectors or something?

MalibuJack Oct 8, 2006 02:30 PM

Yep, theres a bit of a conversion you need to do, but it should get you somewhere in the range you want to be.

The truth is, the best way to set it is to get a close number and refine it until your trims are where it needs to be. Since the injector scale value isn't really an accurate number, and the latency value really has to do with available voltage to drive them.. But in general I scaled my 1000cc injectors to around 690 and adjusted the latency until my trims hovered as close to 0% (100% in evoscan) as possible in both driving and idling conditions.

By doing that you end up with a faily well adjusted injector, and you can then fine-tune the areas that are giving you trouble by altering your fuel maps.

This **HAS** to be done using a wideband since depending on your MAF setup, and mods, the airflow could have been altered and cause the car to run lean..

dan l Oct 8, 2006 07:31 PM

What I've been doing for local cars is adjust the injector scaling until the mid fuel trim is about 110%. Then add in .2 ms across the board for 650's, .25 ms for 750's, .3 ms for 850's and haven't done anything larger than that. Keep adding dead time until you can get your low fuel trim around 100%.

MalibuJack Oct 8, 2006 07:52 PM

I forgot to mention that 690 was the number that got my trims fairly close to where i wanted them.. I did have other complications..

1) I have an aftermarket Blowthwrough MAF setup, which altered the MAF curve a little
2) I was trying to both get my trims in check, and get the injectors scaled so the AFR value show on the table, was close to what my actual AFR's were.. This was just for my own sanity and really not necessary for proper tuning.

sterdyevo Oct 8, 2006 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Juiced
I was thinking about using the AEM method to set the latency on my new precision 1000cc injectors, can anyone offer up some tips/tricks to getting these to run correctly?

aem???

MalibuJack Oct 9, 2006 07:36 AM

There's an injector wizard availabl to figure out the sizes you need, its AEM Injector Wizard, nothing specifically AEM, just a calculator.

mlancerevo8 Aug 26, 2011 11:33 AM

where can i find this wizard??

wreckleford Aug 27, 2011 05:35 AM

Dowload the AEM software for trhe EMS. The wizard is within the software.