EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Pasting Data from Excel to Ecuflash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/261227-pasting-data-excel-ecuflash.html)

96_LXR Mar 31, 2007 11:38 PM

Pasting Data from Excel to Ecuflash

GAAAH:helpme:

I have built a spreadsheet for comparing and adjusting timing and / or fuel maps using MS Excel. I have two purchased tunes and have been adjusting and comparing all of the maps using charts.

I now have a good looking ignition map that I need to get back into Ecuflash.

Now here comes the bad part. I can copy data from Ecuflash and paste it into Excel but I can't get it to go the other way.
I want to paste the edited data back into Ecuflash and can't get it to work {pcfreak}

I've tried selecting the cells in Ecuflash and then pasting from the menu and the keyboard and the edited data is not getting copied.

I'm sure this is a case of operator error here.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Bob

mrfred Apr 1, 2007 07:04 AM

I haven't been able to paste from Excel to ECUFlash either.

96_LXR Apr 1, 2007 10:11 AM

That stinks{thumbdwn}

I have a spreadheet that works really well for comparing fuel and timing maps, made some adjustments to my current tune and then had no luck pasting it back into Ecuflash.

Thanks for the reply, I thought maybe there was something I was doing wrong.

codgi Apr 1, 2007 10:26 AM

From my testing it appears that if you select a block of cells in EcuFlash and try to paste data into it it will only paste data into the first cell highlighted.

I.e it doesn't seem to allow selecting multiple cells and pasting data into all of them (even if its only one value).

Might have to make a request to Colby and see if he will add the above into the next version.

andenbre Apr 1, 2007 10:32 AM

I have been able to past multiple cells but that was a while ago let me see if I can figure it out again
edit: ok I can paste entire maps from one rom to another(the data values ) you just have to make sure that the entire area that you are pasting to is selected,. but I have had no success with pasting from excel yet.

MalibuJack Apr 1, 2007 10:58 AM

Just a quick suggestion for copying/pasting from Excel to ECUFlash,

Copy Excel, paste to Notepad, copy from notepad, paste to ECUFlash.. This seems to work. It has something to do with how the excel data is formatted..

96_LXR Apr 1, 2007 05:27 PM

MJ,

I tried doing exactly that before posting but it's not working on my pc. I tried just "pasting" into ecuflash with no cells selected, one selected and all of them and no data is getting transferred?

I looked on some other forums and somebody said he could copy from Excell then paste into AEM EMS and from there he could paste back to ecuflash . . . Whew!

andenbre Apr 1, 2007 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by MalibuJack (Post 4157217)
Just a quick suggestion for copying/pasting from Excel to ECUFlash,

Copy Excel, paste to Notepad, copy from notepad, paste to ECUFlash.. This seems to work. It has something to do with how the excel data is formatted..

i remember that working befor also but couldnt get it to work now
edit:got it to work again.... when you copy from notepad be careful not to also select the very bottom row from notepad that only has the cursor like the enter key was hit at the end of the last # entry if ya know what I mean

96_LXR Apr 1, 2007 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by andenbre (Post 4158396)
i remember that working befor also but couldnt get it to work now
edit:got it to work again.... when you copy from notepad be careful not to also select the very bottom row from notepad that only has the cursor like the enter key was hit at the end of the last # entry if ya know what I mean

Thanks! I'll give it a try. I've been making adjustments to my maps, then pasting the data into my Excel deal.

I hope this works!

96_LXR Apr 1, 2007 09:34 PM

I found that if remove all the gridlines in the Excel sheet, then copy to Notepad, then take it from Notepad to Ecuflash that it works correctly.

I can also see that when you select all the data sometimes you will see (as andenbre pointed out) that sometimes the selection will go one character past the end of the data.

Anyway I am glad that this works. I find it easier to work with a graph of the two maps so you can visualize the difference in values.

Below is a pic of the 3500 RPM timing values.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/238/3500fp7.th.jpg

Thanks for all the help :beer:

oldevodude Apr 2, 2007 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by 96_LXR (Post 4159153)
I found that if remove all the gridlines in the Excel sheet, then copy to Notepad, then take it from Notepad to Ecuflash that it works correctly.

I can also see that when you select all the data sometimes you will see (as andenbre pointed out) that sometimes the selection will go one character past the end of the data.

Anyway I am glad that this works. I find it easier to work with a graph of the two maps so you can visualize the difference in values.

Below is a pic of the 3500 RPM timing values.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/238/3500fp7.th.jpg

Thanks for all the help :beer:

You wouldn't want to share your excel spreadsheet would you?

This could help a noob like me more easily see mapping differences and changes as well

96_LXR Apr 2, 2007 02:44 PM

I can send you the spreadsheet. It is really helpful for me to be able to look at each RPM and Load range and see where it is at comperd to the current tune.

Kind of a bonus is it will work with the fuel maps as well. You have to paste the data in the 500 cell instead of zero (there's no zero range for the fuel, DER).

Anyway it is kinda cool to be able to see the differences between the two.

I have been taking some timing out of my car in the 80 to 100 load range and have been getting some good results, smooth power, low knock counts, ect.

oldevodude Apr 3, 2007 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by 96_LXR (Post 4161779)
I can send you the spreadsheet. It is really helpful for me to be able to look at each RPM and Load range and see where it is at comperd to the current tune.

Kind of a bonus is it will work with the fuel maps as well. You have to paste the data in the 500 cell instead of zero (there's no zero range for the fuel, DER).

Anyway it is kinda cool to be able to see the differences between the two.

I have been taking some timing out of my car in the 80 to 100 load range and have been getting some good results, smooth power, low knock counts, ect.

Thanks can you pelase send it to duderous@sbcglobal.net

Thanks Again:D

96_LXR Apr 3, 2007 08:54 PM

Should be on it's way, good luck

oldevodude Apr 4, 2007 09:38 PM

Thanks
Again{thumbup}