EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Omni 4bar map sensor Plug and Play (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/394014-omni-4bar-map-sensor-plug-play.html)

mchuang Jan 18, 2009 03:46 PM

Omni 4bar map sensor Plug and Play

Ran across this today. Pretty interesting for the high boost guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MITSU...ht_4941wt_1170

tephra Jan 18, 2009 03:54 PM

yes please.

i will be at the limit of my 3bar pretty soon!

lol

Cyloc Jan 18, 2009 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 6584956)
yes please.

i will be at the limit of my 3bar pretty soon!

lol

you sounds like us when it comes to your patches...:D

scheides Jan 18, 2009 05:33 PM

Yay! Let's get the values for this thing sorted out, and a non-ebay (read: reliable) source for them!

MR Turco Jan 18, 2009 05:52 PM

yeah the fact that it states its plug and play is obviously a lie. while it might be compatible with the harness there is no way the ecu will be able to just read 4bar values.

Kracka Jan 18, 2009 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 6585216)
Yay! Let's get the values for this thing sorted out, and a non-ebay (read: reliable) source for them!

Omni Power is a good vendor; they make some stuff for the S2000 (along with most other Hondas).

http://www.omnipowerusa.com/product.asp?P_ID=133

I'm sure it'll be on their site soon.

bnice01 Jan 18, 2009 06:01 PM

good find bro

RoadSpike Jan 18, 2009 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by MR Turco (Post 6585301)
yeah the fact that it states its plug and play is obviously a lie. while it might be compatible with the harness there is no way the ecu will be able to just read 4bar values.

That's not exactly true the 5 bar zeitronix sensor I'm using works just fine. The only real issue is the resolution i have on the sensor is 0.3psi. I posted up the settings needed to run the 5 bar sensor last week in MrFred's thread on the jdm 3 bar sensor.

KevOVIII Jan 18, 2009 10:04 PM

Nice find. So who's going to be the first to try and report back? :D

I'm at the limit and would like to go to 4 or 5 bar.

MR Turco Jan 19, 2009 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by RoadSpike (Post 6585750)
That's not exactly true the 5 bar zeitronix sensor I'm using works just fine. The only real issue is the resolution i have on the sensor is 0.3psi. I posted up the settings needed to run the 5 bar sensor last week in MrFred's thread on the jdm 3 bar sensor.

yeah but you had to flash values, which is expected. you didn't just plug it in and it worked - i.e. the definition of plug and play.

mchuang Jan 19, 2009 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by MR Turco (Post 6586425)
yeah but you had to flash values, which is expected. you didn't just plug it in and it worked - i.e. the definition of plug and play.

I think they mean plug and play to the harness and stock sensor location on the manifold. No matter what map sensor you use, if it is not stock it is not plug and play. Even the JDM 3 bar is not plug and play if you look at it the way you are looking at it. Personally I think it is plug and play. Obviously you need to calibrate the sensor values to make it accurate, but that is anytime you swap a sensor for another sensor with different ranges.

MR Turco Jan 20, 2009 05:32 AM

I don't want to argue about this but the definition of plug and play is as follows, i just don't want someone to order it thinking they can just plug it in.

plug and play is a term used to describe the characteristic of a computer bus, or device specification, which facilitates the discovery of a hardware component in a system, without the need for physical device configuration, or user intervention in resolving resource conflicts.

evoredy Jan 20, 2009 05:51 AM

heh. it means: plug and play with the settings. :)

i'd buy one, but i need to spend car money on a new front diff :crap:.

i wonder if this is a rebuilt/modded unit or an OEM from some other car. regardless, the price is great. good find.

EDIT: wait..the ad says each unit is hand assembled.

C6C6CH3vo Jan 20, 2009 08:18 AM

I rescued a 10 bar aircraft pressure sensor from disposal at work. 0.5 - 5v = 0 - 145 psi from 10vdc input. I just fed the sensor with my SSI4 5vdc output and configured it as 0.25 - 2.5v = 0 - 145 psi in the LM programmer just to see what it would do and the thing is very fast and accurate with precision to 0.1 psi. One drawback is the 16 inHg vac limit also reading in -psi making it strictly a non absolute boost sensor in PSI only (not MAP or PSIa). Therefore anything can be plug and play in some cases (plug in to your system that you had to play around with:updown:)

MR Turco Jan 20, 2009 12:42 PM

i asked the seller about the ECU changes and he said they have the ECU calibrations available. someone order this thing :)