EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Evoscan woes... (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/399730-evoscan-woes.html)

ExViTermini Feb 12, 2009 12:15 PM

Evoscan woes...

Welp, since the search function is still inoperational I'm going to hope someone can answer this question for me..

I purchased a new laptop(Asus EEE!!!, love it so far). Got it in yesterday, installed and setup ECUFlash 1.40, which works perfectly. Then installed Evoscan.

When I open up evoscan and try to datalog it will get to the 3rd or 4th line where it says INIT something..this is where it stops for a second or two, then it retrys and starts the process over, and over and over.

If I try to get get DTC's, it will say on the 3rd or 4th line that the ECU did not respond..

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Evoscan 3 times, and uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers 3 or 4 times. All to no avail.

Hopefully someone can give some advice..

PS the laptop came with .NET v1, and of course you need v2, so I followed the link it provided and downloaded the .NET v2 stuff before it would install to begin with. Maybe I need to get a diff version?

All this on XP Home, if it matters.

nonschlont Feb 12, 2009 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by ExViTermini (Post 6684998)
Welp, since the search function is still inoperational I'm going to hope someone can answer this question for me..

I purchased a new laptop(Asus EEE!!!, love it so far). Got it in yesterday, installed and setup ECUFlash 1.40, which works perfectly. Then installed Evoscan.

When I open up evoscan and try to datalog it will get to the 3rd or 4th line where it says INIT something..this is where it stops for a second or two, then it retrys and starts the process over, and over and over.

If I try to get get DTC's, it will say on the 3rd or 4th line that the ECU did not respond..

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Evoscan 3 times, and uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers 3 or 4 times. All to no avail.

Hopefully someone can give some advice..

PS the laptop came with .NET v1, and of course you need v2, so I followed the link it provided and downloaded the .NET v2 stuff before it would install to begin with. Maybe I need to get a diff version?

All this on XP Home, if it matters.

in the list of parameters being logged, do you have the WB checked? You need to uncheck this if you do NOT have a WB installed.

chrisw Feb 12, 2009 01:22 PM

I have an Asus eeePC901. I had similar issues with older evoscan versions. the only solution was 2 part...

1) make sure the processor is running full speed. you should have a speed boost utility to force the CPU to stay on full speed. Somehow this is interacting with the USB bus to determine when the CPU can slow itself down. This interferes with evoscan.

2) you need to install the latest version of evoscan (2.6 or later). New code was added to correct what ever problems were detected. Make sure to completely remove old versions of evoscan and the tatrix cable software before installing this version.

After applying the latest software (including ECUFLASH) I have had no issues running evoscan unless I forget to set the CPU speed.

YMMV, I hear some individuals still may be having problems, but you would have to search to see if that is still true.

good luck!

ExViTermini Feb 12, 2009 04:13 PM

Awesome, thank you so much! The CPU speed thing was it, it runs great after setting that to a set rate instead of the Auto setting!!

Now to figure out my built motor phantom knock bs...

ExViTermini Feb 12, 2009 06:01 PM

Another problem I just noticed in my logs is IDC is showing up as 0, but IPW is doing just fine...and the formula is right...