EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   can you estimate what your boost is with load? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/400112-can-you-estimate-what-your-boost-load.html)

leecavturbo Feb 14, 2009 09:44 AM

can you estimate what your boost is with load?

i do have an apexi but 1bar of boost shown on it equals around 240 calc load in evoscan.
is that correct?

sub7 Feb 14, 2009 09:54 AM

If you have BC set to 100kpa, your boost meter read 1.1bar or 1.15bar when air is colder. I have 200-210 at 14psi and yes you can estimate boost from reading load.

Watch out for injector scale with load calc, you may get incorrect load reading

leecavturbo Feb 14, 2009 10:10 AM

hmmm evoscan 2.5 lets you enter inj size which mine is 542 jdm
but 2.3 does not have this?
also my map tracer load scale only goes to 100 so i cannot see what is happening above this?
can the scale be changed?

THUB Feb 14, 2009 11:02 AM

When you pick a map, it will take on the map's scaling.

raasfaas Feb 14, 2009 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by leecavturbo (Post 6692560)
also my map tracer load scale only goes to 100 so i cannot see what is happening above this?
can the scale be changed?

You have to load your XML and HEX file associated with your vehicle's romid
Right click on the bottom table and you will see it, then when you log your .csv file it will show your correct load reading.

leecavturbo Feb 14, 2009 12:01 PM

hmmm it says cannot find file evo7base.xml in the folder its looking for it?
but it is in there!

raasfaas Feb 14, 2009 12:23 PM

The XML file you're looking for is your romid
If you open Ecuflash and look in ROM info its the internal ID
once you load that then you have to load the hex or bin file that is currently running on your car.

leecavturbo Feb 14, 2009 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by raasfaas (Post 6692870)
The XML file you're looking for is your romid
If you open Ecuflash and look in ROM info its the internal ID
once you load that then you have to load the hex or bin file that is currently running on your car.

yes i click/load my xml and then my rom . it then say cannot find evo7base?
its as if its accepts the xml . then asks for the hex which i point to then i get the xml error!

Mr. Evo IX Feb 14, 2009 01:04 PM

Yes, you can, but aftermarket intakes can affect the MAF and normally increase the load the ECU sees. However 240kpa absolute = ~20psi relative/gauge depending on your altitude. The way you figure this is start with your absolute 240kpa - 101kpa (atmosphere) = 139kpa relative/gauge.. Then use a pressure conversion from kpa to psi.. 139kpa=20.1 psi.

http://www.csgnetwork.com/presskpapsicvt.html

What line do you have feeding your boost gauge? I noticed when I connected my AEM Truboost (map sensor based gauge) to the factory T on the FPR line where the factory boost gauge is that I saw lower levels of boost than if I T'd off the BOV line / manifold with my own T.

Also, you may need to log Calculated Load or 2byteload instead of ECU Load. The ECU Load reads the map sensor which on USDM cars is a 1bar map sensor.

baylorar Feb 14, 2009 01:27 PM

when you log with evoscan, the 2byteload is the one you want to log. last time I got tuned, my load numbers went down because the wgdc went down (fixed a boost leak). i put down my horsepower, but less load due to the smaller wgdc value... therefore I'm not sure based on just load if you can estimate boost.

Mr. Evo IX Feb 14, 2009 01:36 PM

+1 boost leak will read high load with low psi because the MAF is measuring air that is leaking out post MAF.

leecavturbo Feb 14, 2009 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX (Post 6693056)
+1 boost leak will read high load with low psi because the MAF is measuring air that is leaking out post MAF.

clever {thumbup} i'll take a look.
i did log calc load and not ecu or 2byte (2byte won't work think i don't have the rom mods)

sponners Feb 14, 2009 02:04 PM

2byte mods are on here (somewhere) matey