EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   OmniPower 4 bar settings (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/423881-omnipower-4-bar-settings.html)

JohnBradley May 29, 2009 10:45 AM

OmniPower 4 bar settings

We have been using the OmniPower 4 bar PnP MAP sensor in our Speed Density/Stock ECU conversions recently. They are priced very competitively and are very accurate in boost logging. Besides this, they are easy to setup for logging if thats all you are after.

We are also proud to announce that we are a Master Distributor for all OmniPower products, starting of course with the MAP sensors. These will be showing up on our online store in the next few days with special introductory pricing.

Here is the data for the setting them up:

EvoScan Boost logging- 0.238683*x-14.7

IX MAP Scaling-

Voltage-

Unit Scaling-

Baro Offset (load %) I dont recommend playing with this

Good luck,

Aaron

Creamo3 May 29, 2009 12:11 PM

For logging purposes I understand that I need to update the EvoScan formula, but what do I need to change in EcuFlash for a VIII running 94170015? I currently have the car setup to read a JDM 3-bar.

logic May 29, 2009 01:31 PM

You shouldn't have to change anything, unless you're doing PSI-based boost control.

JohnBradley May 29, 2009 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Creamo3 (Post 7112993)
For logging purposes I understand that I need to update the EvoScan formula, but what do I need to change in EcuFlash for a VIII running 94170015? I currently have the car setup to read a JDM 3-bar.

If your question was for Speed density, then the baro load % side of the SD MAP Sensor VE and Calibration. The left side will say MAP Kpa and then the right side is the Load %. The thing is that the load % will get out of hand the higher boost gets. 29.0ish will be 300 and then 45psi would be 450, so you will be losing resolution if you run high boost on the street. If you do I would keep the scaling one to 1:1. This will alter the value by 25% (low) but keep the load columns about right.

If its just solely for logging then all you need to change is the Evoscan formula and it works fine with no other changes.

aaron

GotWheelHop May 30, 2009 01:37 AM

Nice Job Aaron. I'll be plugging these numbers in tomorrow.

Creamo3 May 30, 2009 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by JohnBradley (Post 7113487)
If your question was for Speed density, then the baro load % side of the SD MAP Sensor VE and Calibration. The left side will say MAP Kpa and then the right side is the Load %. The thing is that the load % will get out of hand the higher boost gets. 29.0ish will be 300 and then 45psi would be 450, so you will be losing resolution if you run high boost on the street. If you do I would keep the scaling one to 1:1. This will alter the value by 25% (low) but keep the load columns about right.

If its just solely for logging then all you need to change is the Evoscan formula and it works fine with no other changes.

aaron

I'll be using it strictly for logging purposes for now; I adjusted the Evoscan formula under JDM Map and it still won't read properly. When I start logging w/ the Omnipower it is stuck at 37 psi and does not fluctuate. Any ideas?

JohnBradley May 30, 2009 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Creamo3 (Post 7115787)
I'll be using it strictly for logging purposes for now; I adjusted the Evoscan formula under JDM Map and it still won't read properly. When I start logging w/ the Omnipower it is stuck at 37 psi and does not fluctuate. Any ideas?

Had it been working with the 3 bar? All I can assume is there must be other electronic issues. I havent had any problems with any of the cars we have been using them on. Can I see a copy of your MAP setup tables?

Creamo3 May 30, 2009 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by JohnBradley (Post 7116569)
Had it been working with the 3 bar? All I can assume is there must be other electronic issues. I havent had any problems with any of the cars we have been using them on. Can I see a copy of your MAP setup tables?

Yes it was working perfectly w/ the 3-bar and matched up with my boost gauge. I uninstalled the 4-Bar and put the 3-Bar in and it was working as usual. I'm hoping the sensor isn't faulty.

A copy of my Ecuflash settings below (same as MrFreds):

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...apsettings.png

GotWheelHop Jun 1, 2009 02:55 AM

Hey Creamo, did you ever have it working properly? 03whitegsr had stated in the other Omni 4 bar thread that he had to change the outer pins on the plug since the sensor was incorrectly built. He also added that the entire first batch may have been that way as well, per OmniPower.

Creamo3 Jun 1, 2009 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop (Post 7120133)
Hey Creamo, did you ever have it working properly? 03whitegsr had stated in the other Omni 4 bar thread that he had to change the outer pins on the plug since the sensor was incorrectly built. He also added that the entire first batch may have been that way as well, per OmniPower.

I haven't yet, I read that thread that you are referencing and shot 03whitegsr a PM to ask what sort of output he was seeing before he swapped the wires. I don't want to do an cutting/soldering just yet if I don't have to.

03whitegsr Jun 1, 2009 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Creamo3 (Post 7120234)
I haven't yet, I read that thread that you are referencing and shot 03whitegsr a PM to ask what sort of output he was seeing before he swapped the wires. I don't want to do an cutting/soldering just yet if I don't have to.

To put the information out there for all, when I bought my Omnipower sensor, I found that it was incorrectly pinned out. I talked to Omni power about it and my sensor matched their diagram of the pin outputs, but the diagram they had didn't match what the car actually was.

Simply swapping the outside pins solved my problems. If I recall correctly, the signal pin and the +5V pin were swapped. There is no need to cut any wires. You can simply remove the pins from the connector and reinsert in the correct order.

It's really not a big deal if you are aware of the issue. Omnipower also stated they would be changing the pin order to correctly match the EVO wiring. I think they said they had made 10-20 with the pin out I had. If John is finding it is a true plug and play with no wire swaps, it sound like they have corrected the issue.

If you have a problem and find that the sensor doesn't read as it should once you have the correct scaling, give Omnipower a call and see if this may be your issue. I would imagine the sensors were serialized and they could tell you from some identification numbers, but I could be wrong.

Creamo3 Jun 1, 2009 08:26 AM

Thanks 03whitegsr, I just swapped the pins and now I logging accurately w/ the 4-Bar. I must have received one from the first batch of sensors produced.

linuxman51 Jun 1, 2009 11:08 AM

Sweet. Where in the store will they be showing up?

GotWheelHop Jun 1, 2009 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Creamo3 (Post 7120737)
Thanks 03whitegsr, I just swapped the pins and now I logging accurately w/ the 4-Bar. I must have received one from the first batch of sensors produced.

Glad to see that was the issue, Creamo...and not the sensor itself.

:beer:

JohnBradley Jun 1, 2009 01:51 PM

I talked to OmniPower about this earlier this morning. There are only believed to be 16-17 of these that are on the market and all of them are currently installed. For anyone that might run into this buying a used sensor, you need to simply swap the outside wires on the plug and its business as usual.

These will be under electronics. A rather long weekend has kept me from getting this task accomplished...really soon though :)

aaron