EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Pajero Evolution Need xml (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/571343-pajero-evolution-need-xml.html)

PajEVO Aug 24, 2011 03:42 PM

Pajero Evolution Need xml

Hi all this my first post so go easy on me lol.

Firstly i'v got op1.3 and op2.0 cables and have loded the rom from the ecu. After a few months of reading many posts on many forums have had no luck in getting the correct xml.

I opened a support ticket on evoscan where i bought the cables, and had a reply from Hamish Ahern saying that "They had no disassembly experts inhouse and to look for a guy called acamus who can supply xmls for this vehicle"

Can someone please help (acamus)?? Anyone :helpme:

acamus Aug 24, 2011 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by PajEVO (Post 9556869)
Hi all this my first post so go easy on me lol.

Firstly i'v got op1.3 and op2.0 cables and have loded the rom from the ecu. After a few months of reading many posts on many forums have had no luck in getting the correct xml.

I opened a support ticket on evoscan where i bought the cables, and had a reply from Hamish Ahern saying that "They had no disassembly experts inhouse and to look for a guy called acamus who can supply xmls for this vehicle"

Can someone please help (acamus)?? Anyone :helpme:

Attachment 175402

I may give it a shot.

PajEVO Aug 25, 2011 05:59 AM

I would be more than greatfull, please give it a shot!

I have been reading loads of stuff but its such a steep learning curve. I dont have the knowldge or abillity to do this myself.

merlin.oz Aug 25, 2011 03:44 PM

Looking at this ROM now, its ID is 21680007.
What read-file did you use to read the ROM and have you opened the case to check the chip number? (It seems to be a 7202).

I can see the from the ROM the engine does not have a Karman-Vortex type MAF, is it a hot-wire or MAP system?

Fuel and spark maps found anyway, no scaling as yet though.

This ROM has 10 spark maps, at the moment I am guessing a pair for each gear as the setup is an auto/tippy.

Idle, rev limit, speed limit, injectors found and all the spark trims. Interesting ROM this.

PajEVO Aug 25, 2011 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by merlin.oz (Post 9559690)
What read-file did you use to read the ROM and have you opened the case to check the chip number? (It seems to be a 7202).

I can see the from the ROM the engine does not have a Karman-Vortex type MAF, is it a hot-wire or MAP system?

This ROM has 10 spark maps, at the moment I am guessing a pair for each gear as the setup is an auto/tippy.

Idle, rev limit, speed limit, injectors found and all the spark trims. Interesting ROM this.

I found the id to be 2168007 by following some of the posts on this forum but dont have enough experience to know if i'd followed them correctly.
Not sure what you mean by "read file" if xml then had one from another forum but was incomplete.
Yes the chip is a MH7202F and after reading loads of stuff found it was a member of the H8-539 group, an I can only say that if you found all this from the rom then I'v got loads to learn lol:lol:

PajEVO Aug 26, 2011 06:46 AM

Awseome, Thank You acamus !!:D

acamus Aug 27, 2011 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by merlin.oz (Post 9559690)

It seems to be MAP/SD.

PajEVO Aug 27, 2011 11:39 AM

Just to confirm - - - Yes it has a map sensor.

merlin.oz Aug 27, 2011 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I have so far, strip off the dot txt:

PajEVO Aug 28, 2011 03:08 PM

WOW I didn expect all that{OMG}

To be honest, I am totaly lost for words, well almost > complicated springs to mind.
I expected to see a few things but thats one long list and I suppose I'v got heaps of reading and learning in front of me, which i suppose brings me to the first of many questions; Can the data adresses in the xml be used for logging? My first task is to set the tactrix op2.0 to log the full scope of available items and go from there.

Thank you for the time and effort you'v put into this, must have taken you ages to find all that stuff lol{thumbup}

dparrish Aug 28, 2011 07:08 PM

merlin you really do work fast.

I've added this XML to the SVN repository, at http://code.google.com/p/ecurom/sour...bishi%2Fpajero

merlin.oz Aug 28, 2011 07:24 PM

In EvoScan just select the OpenPort2 cable and MUTII protocol, then tick the items you want to log. The correct MUT requests are already setup, it is not like EvoX or Ralliart Mode23 logging where you do need the correct RAM addresses.

The spark maps in that ROM are likley at, or very close to optimum for pump 98 (I have used similar values on AUS Pajeros). The fuel map is good for tuning though. As are some other items, like Idle and fan control. If the MIVEC stuff can be found that would be of benefit.
Do you know if it just switches at a specific point like the FTO or is it under variable control like the Evo9? The two tables with a ? might possibly be MIVEC related.

On the spark maps, I think some are steady state maps (with the highest advance) some are acceleration maps (those with a bit less advance) and five corresponding low octane maps.
Being an auto, which main and accel maps get used is likley gear controlled and no I dont know where the switch parameter is. It probably swaps maps between 2nd and 3rd gear though.

acamus Aug 30, 2011 01:42 AM

nvm

merlin.oz Aug 30, 2011 02:16 AM

acamus, that will be the alternator G-Terminal dead zone table.

acamus Aug 30, 2011 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by merlin.oz (Post 9569459)
acamus, that will be the alternator G-Terminal dead zone table.

yes, I figured it rigth away...

The last unknown output, I guess it is the hysteresis for MIVEC.
Code:

<table name="MIVEC" address="10d92" type="2D" level="1" scaling="RPMStatLimit">
                <table name="RPM" address="2c00e" type="Static Y Axis" elements="2" scaling="RPM">
                        <data>Off</data>
                        <data>On</data>
                </table>
        </table>