EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   2g DSM w/ EVO 8 ECU, logs, advice please (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/727692-2g-dsm-w-evo-8-ecu-logs-advice-please.html)

jb2zero0six5 Apr 18, 2016 08:30 PM

2g DSM w/ EVO 8 ECU, logs, advice please

3 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone, my first post on EVOM but I've been reading, reading, reading for years!

I did an ECU swap on my 97 GSX.. Runs OK, drivable on closed loop.. I've gotten it to run better in open loop, but I feel like I'm going about it all wrong.

2g MAF and 450cc injectors. I can't seem to tune a stable idle, always 800 to 900 revs/min cycling.

Today I opened a fresh copy of 9653 (MAF) V7. Made the timing and AFR tables flat 500 rpm and 1000 rpms, disabled ign-retard during warm up. I feel like the ISC motor does not move fast enough to compensate for lights on or the engine fan on / rpm drop. Today I found out my Greddy Type-S is opening at idle (gauge says 18-20 inHg), causing a vacuum leak. I unhooked it for now, but I need a factory re-circulation tube yet. I found an injector seal leaking, FPR leaking, but held 15 psi dropping to 10 psi after a few minutes. I also recently (yesterday) cleaned the MAF sensor out.

Mods are 16g turbo, Injen intake, VRSF intercooler kit, Walbro 255 (factory FPR). Factory 7 bolt engine, manifolds and head, except that is does not have balance shafts and a lightweight flywheel. The car does have a 1g CAS.

I have an Innovate MTX-L simulating NB to the front and also wire the WB (0-5v) to the rear o2 input, but I can't seem to get it to log properly..

Thank you in advance for any feedback, insight or comments!!

3gturbo Apr 21, 2016 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by jb2zero0six5 (Post 11605147)
Hello everyone, my first post on EVOM but I've been reading, reading, reading for years!

I did an ECU swap on my 97 GSX.. Runs OK, drivable on closed loop.. I've gotten it to run better in open loop, but I feel like I'm going about it all wrong.

2g MAF and 450cc injectors. I can't seem to tune a stable idle, always 800 to 900 revs/min cycling.

Today I opened a fresh copy of 9653 (MAF) V7. Made the timing and AFR tables flat 500 rpm and 1000 rpms, disabled ign-retard during warm up. I feel like the ISC motor does not move fast enough to compensate for lights on or the engine fan on / rpm drop. Today I found out my Greddy Type-S is opening at idle (gauge says 18-20 inHg), causing a vacuum leak. I unhooked it for now, but I need a factory re-circulation tube yet. I found an injector seal leaking, FPR leaking, but held 15 psi dropping to 10 psi after a few minutes. I also recently (yesterday) cleaned the MAF sensor out.

Mods are 16g turbo, Injen intake, VRSF intercooler kit, Walbro 255 (factory FPR). Factory 7 bolt engine, manifolds and head, except that is does not have balance shafts and a lightweight flywheel. The car does have a 1g CAS.

I have an Innovate MTX-L simulating NB to the front and also wire the WB (0-5v) to the rear o2 input, but I can't seem to get it to log properly..

Thank you in advance for any feedback, insight or comments!!

Youll never get the evo ecu to run right with 2g parts. I have a 2g with evo 8 ecu ditch the 2g maf for a 3g or evo maf or go sd. Also get a set of stock evo injectors if your troubleshooting something the correct values are easy to get.

Fuchsig Aug 1, 2016 01:17 PM

My 2g runs fine with 2g Maf and stock injectors.

3VOLUTIONIST Aug 3, 2016 12:59 AM

Evo 7-9 ECU's require 399 MAFs, and 560cc/min pinktop injectors. Otherwise, it's never going to run correctly :/