EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Base map for GSC S2 / FP Green speed density stock ECU (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/741386-base-map-gsc-s2-fp-green-speed-density-stock-ecu.html)

romogst Jun 28, 2017 11:39 AM

Base map for GSC S2 / FP Green speed density stock ECU

Can someone send me a base map for an Evo 9 with GSC S2 /DBB FP GREEN running speed density with 1000CC injectors? I just installed cams the cams and would like the car to at least idle.
email: romogst@hotmail.com

Stock ECU
Speed Density
GSC S2 CAMS
FP Green
1000CC injectors
255 Walbro

SnailSpeed Jun 30, 2017 09:47 PM

what brand injectors? there are so many 1000cc injectors, you cant just dial in 1000cc in ecuflash and expect it to run.

SnailSpeed Jul 1, 2017 07:01 AM

and what map sensor are you using.

TrendSetter Jul 3, 2017 09:41 AM

thats almost exactly my combo.
im sending you my latest tune now.
i have been driving safely on 33psi on 93 octane.
Caveat emptor

Abacus Jul 3, 2017 10:11 AM

The internet has changed alot of things. Some for the worse. You've got a 20K+ investment , I'd recommend getting your car professionally tuned or working off your existing tune. Keep the variables low..
These cars will reward you with alot of performance and last if the rules are followed.

TrendSetter Jul 4, 2017 05:46 AM

i agree.
my tune is my tune for my car and my driving style. please dont use it entirely because theres a lot of stuff ive tweaked that may not be good for you. for instance, i have ls heat sink coils so my dwell tables are very low.
i always encourage everyone to get their hands dirty and do the work themselves and figure things out. if you dont get greedy you can stay safe and not hurt things while you 'learn by braile'

Abacus Jul 4, 2017 08:11 AM

Exactly why it's not a good idea. The OP may think if 33psi on pump gas (woah) worked for you it can work for him. Then there is a post on low compression in a few weeks. Or your coil settings don't work for him and the car has other issues. Too big of a can of worms vs having a professional retune it.

20k investment, make the right moves and it's rewarding and will live.

romogst Jul 11, 2017 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by SnailSpeed (Post 11753281)
and what map sensor are you using.

ID 1000 and OMNI 4Bar sensor

romogst Jul 11, 2017 12:50 PM

the car started on my old map , so i'll take the car to someone professionally to have it tuned.

eaabv May 6, 2018 07:06 PM

Could someone send me that base map too ? lol eaabv@aol.com

TrendSetter May 10, 2018 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Abacus (Post 11753992)
Exactly why it's not a good idea. The OP may think if 33psi on pump gas (woah) worked for you it can work for him. Then there is a post on low compression in a few weeks. Or your coil settings don't work for him and the car has other issues. Too big of a can of worms vs having a professional retune it.

20k investment, make the right moves and it's rewarding and will live.

From what i have seen, you are one of the more advanced members here, but i just dont agree with that sort of blanket statement of 'just pay someone to do it'
how will you ever learn anything that way?
for me, this hobby isn't about how many checks i can write its about what i can learn, and you never learn anything with that approach.
being able to look at how others tackle problems can be an eye opening experience and accelerate the learning curve, so i like to share what ive done and what has worked and what hasn't, and i encourage others to do the same. when the whole community turns into a bunch of 'pros'* it ruins a lot of the fun and learning opportunity.

*my limited first hand experience with professional tuners has shown that there are very few that are even equal to what a hobbiest can accomplish with a weekend of research. there are countless threads on here of 'pro tuners' torching motors or rattling the bearings out. i see the same thing in the other communities i participate in, mostly LS stuff.

evo8vz May 10, 2018 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by eaabv (Post 11820101)
Could someone send me that base map too ? lol eaabv@aol.com

I can send you a base map but hook it up with a full tank of gas on paypal
this stuff isnt free

SnailSpeed May 11, 2018 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by evo8vz (Post 11820825)
I can send you a base map but hook it up with a full tank of gas on paypal
this stuff isnt free

lmao, just nearly pissed myself reading this. But it’s true lol.