EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Injector scaling issue with V7 SD (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/745270-injector-scaling-issue-v7-sd.html)

Project_Broke Dec 6, 2017 04:13 AM

Injector scaling issue with V7 SD

Hope someone has some insight.

Running an evo 8 ecu on a 2g dsm. That part works correctly.

We had an issue with the MAF so we decided to go to SD. After the conversion, the injector scaling numbers have to be way off to get the car to run correctly.

Stock 513 scaling seems to work the best, however these are FIC 1120 injectors. Anything above 750 and the car runs stupid lean. When the Maf was working correctly, I had a scaling of 1083 with fuel trims under 5%.

From what I have read, the scaling shouldn't be any different on SD, playing with the VE tables cant get the readings in check at the old scaling. The car won't even run on 900+ scales.

Running the 9563 rom, changing to 9417 did not fix any issues.

On stock injector scaling, the car sits around 14.5 at idle with closed loop disabled. Any throttle goes rich, and it bogs.

We have thought it was a fuel issue, verified the pump works, new AFPR shows 42.5 psi.

We did have a misc no start issue that turned out to be the cam sensor, we just changed that and the rich throttle issue got better, but we are still at stock scaling.

Not sure where to go from here. Has anyone seen scaling this far off?

Dakota Evo Dec 6, 2017 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Project_Broke (Post 11790563)
Hope someone has some insight.

Running an evo 8 ecu on a 2g dsm. That part works correctly.

We had an issue with the MAF so we decided to go to SD. After the conversion, the injector scaling numbers have to be way off to get the car to run correctly.

Stock 513 scaling seems to work the best, however these are FIC 1120 injectors. Anything above 750 and the car runs stupid lean. When the Maf was working correctly, I had a scaling of 1083 with fuel trims under 5%.

From what I have read, the scaling shouldn't be any different on SD, playing with the VE tables cant get the readings in check at the old scaling. The car won't even run on 900+ scales.

Running the 9563 rom, changing to 9417 did not fix any issues.

On stock injector scaling, the car sits around 14.5 at idle with closed loop disabled. Any throttle goes rich, and it bogs.

We have thought it was a fuel issue, verified the pump works, new AFPR shows 42.5 psi.

We did have a misc no start issue that turned out to be the cam sensor, we just changed that and the rich throttle issue got better, but we are still at stock scaling.

Not sure where to go from here. Has anyone seen scaling this far off?

whats your ve looking like at idle and on what cams

Project_Broke Dec 11, 2017 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dakota Evo (Post 11790721)
whats your ve looking like at idle and on what cams

Stock cams.

500- 80
1000-91

mines5 Dec 13, 2017 09:42 AM

Are you using 3D VE ? or older SD ?

Try reading Scheides tuning thread on SD and start tuning.

All these issues will be gone.

Project_Broke Dec 14, 2017 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by mines5 (Post 11792099)
Are you using 3D VE ? or older SD ?

Try reading Scheides tuning thread on SD and start tuning.

All these issues will be gone.

It's the latest v7 Rom. However I don't think I have 3D SD. Just the 2 SD tables.

I have read his guide a few times. The issue lies in that I run out of adjustment to get the car near the correct scaling.

If I up the scaling to the maf setting of 1083, I have to modify the SD rpm tables to max to get it to even start. So the only thing I can do is drop the scaling for more fuel.

4b11slayer Dec 14, 2017 06:40 AM

Set your injector scaling size and battery latency to what it was good known. Then adjust just the MAP VE table in the lower KPA areas to start. Get a good idle afr then tune rest.

Project_Broke Dec 14, 2017 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by 4b11slayer (Post 11792308)
Set your injector scaling size and battery latency to what it was good known. Then adjust just the MAP VE table in the lower KPA areas to start. Get a good idle afr then tune rest.

Exactly.

I can't do this.

Changing the scaling takes too much fuel away, and the car wont run without extreme settings.

Bring the scaling back to stock evo scaling, car runs.

4b11slayer Dec 14, 2017 11:04 AM

When you set the injector settings to good known. What is your MAP VE?