Notices

Germany Evo owners

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Farred
sweet. thanks a lot guys. looks like i will need to measure too.
if you have coilovers, raise it up before shipping. a)they will mess it up (RIP first CF lip) and B)as soon as you pick it up it will go thru inspection to get its plates.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:17 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I report to Baumholder in OCT. Hope to meet all you Euro guys some day. Are there any meets or hangouts anywhere in Germany?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

we used to be on military tuners in the europe section but bad things happened and now half are there and half are on milteknik.com - seems more imports are on miltek....

I'm about 20 mins from Ramstein and 30 mins from Baumholder so if you need anything, just let me know...
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by .RYAN
I report to Baumholder in OCT. Hope to meet all you Euro guys some day. Are there any meets or hangouts anywhere in Germany?
A lot of EVO Driver meets all year on the 1/4mile in Aalen

Peter
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:42 AM
Account Disabled

Before I decide to buy the X or not. Just a quick question. Would the Nav work over sea's? Can I buy a Euro map, or would just a regular portable garmin be better?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Good question, I would assume that the dealership can set you up with a map. That is what they are doing with the bmws and such.

Speaking of radios, Peter, if you know anyone that is removing their factory one (nav or regular one) - I am interested in getting it. Please let me know.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:55 AM
Evolving Member

For some reason I dout the stealership can do Any thing for you cause Its might be like the DVD/NAV aftermarket head units. The one I have from the states i can get all the euro parts but throws errors saying the encoding is diffrent for the diffrent countrys. But I hope Im wrong!
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:31 PM
Account Disabled

Good to know, Thanks.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:10 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not sure they can do that in Germany !! Sorry !!
Old Jan 18, 2010, 03:11 AM
Account Disabled

I shouldn't ship the Evo with wheels/lowered. What about mods? Do they do emissions, need cats, etc?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by .RYAN
I shouldn't ship the Evo with wheels/lowered. What about mods? Do they do emissions, need cats, etc?
I don't know if a registration about US Army is a little bit easier, but if you need a normal registration....

Don't send it lowered, because for every mod on your car you need a certification from the TÜV. I'm sure NO US Tuning product has this certification.

Do all mods after the registration. After you got the German plates you have 2 years time to get your mods registrated by few tricks etc.

Maybe I can help you out for same parts with agreements for Germans laws.

We test a few parts we got the German TÜV but be sure all these parts are much more expensive than US parts, because the TÜV papers are very expensive.

Peter
Old Jan 18, 2010, 03:26 AM
Evolving Member

Ok Peter wait just a second. If he is a US soldier or even going to be here under DoD he will be fine cause TUV doesnt apply to us at all. So please before you decide to give him false info maybe some of us who have been here under military law and american inspection chime in. With that being said Rims arent a problem. Lowered is abother ball game. Even stock the evo is low and they scrapped my car somewhere between here Atlanta and here. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me. Take a look at my sig and everything i have has passed Inspection here in germany.

Originally Posted by Peter10654
I don't know if a registration about US Army is a little bit easier, but if you need a normal registration....

Don't send it lowered, because for every mod on your car you need a certification from the TÜV. I'm sure NO US Tuning product has this certification.

Do all mods after the registration. After you got the German plates you have 2 years time to get your mods registrated by few tricks etc.

Maybe I can help you out for same parts with agreements for Germans laws.

We test a few parts we got the German TÜV but be sure all these parts are much more expensive than US parts, because the TÜV papers are very expensive.

Peter
Old Jan 18, 2010, 04:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WongFu
Ok Peter wait just a second. If he is a US soldier or even going to be here under DoD he will be fine cause TUV doesnt apply to us at all. So please before you decide to give him false info maybe some of us who have been here under military law and american inspection chime in. With that being said Rims arent a problem. Lowered is abother ball game. Even stock the evo is low and they scrapped my car somewhere between here Atlanta and here. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me. Take a look at my sig and everything i have has passed Inspection here in germany.
I think I have written "I don't know if US Army or normal registration" My info was only for normal registration like me and every other German habitant.

Peter
Old Jan 18, 2010, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peter10654
I think I have written "I don't know if US Army or normal registration" My info was only for normal registration like me and every other German habitant.

Peter
Wong, it is true...He did write that.

You will not have to follow the strict TUV rules....but I just failed inspection on my VIII. I failed because my car is too low, All metal parts (suspension, exhaust, etc) has to be at least 11 cm off the ground (I measured in at 9.5) and all plastic and other has to be 8 cm off the ground. My coilovers are stuck and unable to move due to all the salt and crap - I just put my summer rims on ( 18") and now I am at like 11.1 cm - wish me luck, I am going back to inspection on Thursday.

Decibal have to be at either 95 or 93, I think 93. I just threw in a silencer - all was good. I also am catless and they don't care as long as a CEL light isn't on.

Another big thing is tread, have good tires.

And if you are shipping it over, raise it up as high as possible - the shipping people will eff it up.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 05:44 AM
Account Disabled

Okay, Thanks.

Quick Reply: Germany Evo owners