Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

03VIII FP Green 416 awhp & 382 tq Thanks to Mojo Motorsport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2009, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03VIII FP Green 416 awhp & 382 tq Thanks to Mojo Motorsport

Today was a long day for me and Adam @ Mojo Motorsport in Amityville Longisland. Started at 10.30 am and ended at 7 pm tunning the car. We first started scaling the injectors and getting the fuel trims right . took us about 3 hours to get everything right and get the trims were we wanted them to be. Also adjusted the idle for cams and got them running smooth at idle. then we head on road course to tune the car. after couple of 3 gear pulls and adjusting the maps accordingly, i was making a decent amount of hp and tq and car was blast to drive. But i wasn't looking for those number i want to reach the limits of the green on 93 octane. It was pretty late in the day and i was hungry and so was Adam, plus i was tired of sitting in my car for 5 hours. so got some food for our self's and headed back for more tweaking. couple of more 3 gear pulls and few tweaks we had the green making more power then Adam expected it to make on 93 octane. our final number for 3 gear pull was 416 hp and 382 tq avg. and 4 gear pull was avg 440 hp & 392 tq. I want to thanks Adam for been so helpful and patience with me. Adam explained me everything as he was tweaking the map and answered all my question . Mojo Motorsport Highly recommended to all Longisland residents.

26.5 psi

Here is Dyno pull. This was done at DG Motors on their DYNODYNAMICS . Thank you DG Motors for letting us use their Dyno.

Mods
stock bottom end
stock head with Kelford 272, BC springs and retainers
SparkTech Non-CDI Cop Ignition
Arp Studs
Stock intake Manifold and TB
FIC 850 , walbaro 255
FP Green with Forge Wastegate Actuator , Ported Exhaust Manifold, EPM O2 Dump. 3inch straight turbo back Exhaust.
ETS 3.5 IC, Muse LICP, buschur ucip with Forge bypass Valve, Hks intake pipe with Vibrant Filter , hallman MBC
ACT Street lite Flywheel with ACT MB7-HDG6 clutch
everything else is stock...

Last edited by Aman; Mar 31, 2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great numbers man, congrats
Old Mar 24, 2009, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

thanks
Old Mar 24, 2009, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Sweet numbers man. Yes Adam is the man. I was there sunday and yesterday, but then again I feel like I'm always there lol. Great guy, and he definately knows his stuff .

Last edited by Munch; Mar 24, 2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

yes Adam is great guy.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

wow man those are some serious numbers, congrats!!!....what dyno was this on or was it just the road tune?

Last edited by evo4life400; Mar 24, 2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 03:50 AM
Evolving Member

its was a road tune
Old Mar 25, 2009, 03:02 PM
Former Sponsor

The car surprised me a little, in a good way. We were in the high threes power wise and Aman wanted to try adding in timing that I was pretty sure was going to cause knock but it didn't. I think we finished with 11 or 12 degrees toward redline.

Aman obviously did a great job of putting the car together including his own port work on the exhaust manifold. The boost levels and power output on pump gas has increased so much in the past year or so, it's very cool. I think we are now at the limit but who knows.

Thank you for the positive review. -Adam
Old Mar 25, 2009, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

nice numbers!! looks good
Old Mar 25, 2009, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have simular numbers with simular mods. I found that if you raise the lean spool stop to be just a tad less than your rev limit, the car will hold a bit more power to the rev limit and not fall like crazy at 6500.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 11:27 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Appauldd
I have simular numbers with simular mods. I found that if you raise the lean spool stop to be just a tad less than your rev limit, the car will hold a bit more power to the rev limit and not fall like crazy at 6500.
That has nothing at all to do with lean spool. It has everything to do with proper tuning, the turbo efficiency and the octane used.

You can have the lean spool off at 1000rpm and if the turbo can't keep up and you don't have the octane to supplement timing with boost dropping, the power will taper.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

What I am saying is that threre is a way to get a bit more top end. Lean spool is how I did it.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 12:47 PM
Former Sponsor

What I am saying is that threre is a way to get a bit more top end. Lean spool is how I did it.
I guess we are going off topic... ok. So how exactly did you make more power using lean spool? Are you saying that you used lean spool to lean out the air fuel ratio above 6500RPM's? Because if that is the case why not just lean out the fuel map in that area? Are you saying lean spool somehow raises boost pressure? If so, please explain.

On two separate Evo's when I turned off lean spool the cars bogged rich in high gear, low rpm, full throttle. Based upon that my belief is that all lean spool does is keep the car from bogging rich in the transition from cruising load to full boost (hence the name "lean spool") and not much more because once you get into the WOT fuel tables you can set whatever a/f ratio you want.

This thread has not gone there yet but I ask that we keep it civil, I don't know, I just have a feeling. -Adam
Old Mar 26, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

WOW.....Sorry I didn't intend to step on anyones peepee.

I am simply stating that lean spool clips at 7k. Due to ECU interpolation it can cause a loss of power when the lean spool shuts off. This can happen anywhere between 6200 and 7000 rpm. By changing the "lean spool stop value to just a tad under redline, there isn't a loss in power when it shuts off.

I was simply offereing advice to someone with mods simular to mine. People on this site are so sensitive.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 03:37 PM
Former Sponsor

WOW.....Sorry I didn't intend to step on anyones peepee.

I am simply stating that lean spool clips at 7k. Due to ECU interpolation it can cause a loss of power when the lean spool shuts off. This can happen anywhere between 6200 and 7000 rpm. By changing the "lean spool stop value to just a tad under redline, there isn't a loss in power when it shuts off.

I was simply offereing advice to someone with mods simular to mine. People on this site are so sensitive.
I'm not offended if you mean me. I'm not trying to call you out but what exactly causes a loss of power when lean spool shuts off? What does the ECU "interpolation" make the car do that it loses power? I'm curious.

Also, just so I am straight here, I have been wondering this for a while. When I look at an Evo 8 map in Ecuflash it says "Boost Enhancement (anti-lag)" which starts at 2500rpm and shuts off at 4500rpm. Nothing anywhere about lean spool. Looking at a 9 rom I see lean spool start at 2500 and stop at 7000. Is there no lean spool on an Evo 8 or is anti lag and lean spool the same thing? -Adam

Quick Reply: 03VIII FP Green 416 awhp & 382 tq Thanks to Mojo Motorsport