Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

DYNOJET VS DYNODYNAMICS... Round XX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DYNOJET VS DYNODYNAMICS... Round XX

Last edited by 4kinboost; Sep 10, 2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great back to back test! Even though you mentioned it is just a tuning tool. It still helps everyone understand the differences in dyno's a little more.

Thanks for doing the test, and I'm glad you used a car that was making a good amount.

DD FTHB, (For the Heart Break, LOL)
Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

That is very interesting, but honestly I am very skeptical about the results. One of the dynos was either reading higher than normal or the other lower than normal. From all the various dyno comparisons I have see, a dynojet reads about 8% lower than dyno dynamics. Thanks for taking the time to do this comparison though!
Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

There is a local car here that went on a DD and Dynojet. It was not with in an hour, but the next night.. which was very similar.

These are both hot pulls, same tank of gas, and No Change what so ever to the tune.

Dyno Dynamics made 463 Hp (1.0 correction)

Dyno Jet made 563 Hp

Exactly 100 HP difference..
Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Freddy302
I thought a Mustang dyno was referred to as the heart breaker? My understanding of the dyno hierarchy (from lowest to highest reading) is:

Mustang < Dyno Dynamics Dynamometer < Dynojet < Dynapack

Last edited by 1QYK9; Mar 30, 2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sEvoIXnTurboS2k
I thought a Mustang dyno was referred to as the heart breaker?
I guess you have never been on a Dyno Dynamics.. Some Mustang Dynos read close to a Dyno Dynamics and some read like a Dyno Jet..

Either way.. just stick to one dyno and use it as a tuning tool only..
Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

I guess you have never been on a Dyno Dynamics.. Some Mustang Dynos read close to a Dyno Dynamics and some read like a Dyno Jet..

Either way.. just stick to one dyno and use it as a tuning tool only..
I've dyno'd on every dyno but a Mustang dyno. I can tell you that a previous car I had made 246rwhp on a dynapack and 225rwhp on a dyno dynamics dynamometer. So, either that particular dynapack was reading really low, the dyno dynamics dynamometer was reading really high, or both dynos were reading normal and the differences aren't as great as some people make it out to be.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dyno Dynamics reads lowest. In the UK they have taken engines from engine dyno to DD chassis dyno and as a general using a 24% losses rule works. For example, 500 atf = 380 atw.

To give a further example, totally maxed out stock turbos in the UK if they are lucky make 320 atw = 420 atf

Dynojet I'd bet would be like 500 atf = 470 atw.

I remember someone saying as well that as power goes up, Dynojet's get closer to flywheel power. Not sure if there is really something in that. Yes it is a tuning tool who cares but forum members like us compare results all the time in trying to figure out what parts are best for our cars.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crcain
I remember someone saying as well that as power goes up, Dynojet's get closer to flywheel power. Not sure if there is really something in that. Yes it is a tuning tool who cares but forum members like us compare results all the time in trying to figure out what parts are best for our cars.
I agree with most of what you are saying. A Dynapack would be the closet to reading like flywheel horsepower because the power is being measure at the hubs (but it is still far from being flywheel horsepower because there is still drivetrain loss involved). A Mustang, Dyno Dynamics and Dynojet all involve dynoing with the wheels on, which pretty much gives you wheel horsepower. However, each of them can be manipulated in several different ways (i.e., escalation factor, scaling factor, correction factor, etc.).
Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Great back to back test! Even though you mentioned it is just a tuning tool. It still helps everyone understand the differences in dyno's a little more.

Thanks for doing the test, and I'm glad you used a car that was making a good amount.

Thanks Freddy,,

I wanted to use a 'mid=level' hp car because as I understand it, the hp margin widens with higher hp cars. I wanted to use a car that everyone could relate to.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sEvoIXnTurboS2k
That is very interesting, but honestly I am very skeptical about the results. One of the dynos was either reading higher than normal or the other lower than normal. From all the various dyno comparisons I have see, a dynojet reads about 8% lower than dyno dynamics. Thanks for taking the time to do this comparison though!
I just wanted to conduct a test that had the least variables in order to see the genuine difference. With the video cam on, we can all see the difference now.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4kinboost
I just wanted to conduct a test that had the least variables in order to see the genuine difference. With the video cam on, we can all see the difference now.
And I give you props for doing so! I have simply experienced different results.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Last edited by 4kinboost; Sep 10, 2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4kinboost
I chose to choose the least correction on both dynos.
1.0 correction on the dynodynamics
Uncorrected dynojet...

What where your correction factors? Did you do it on the same day?
I always request a correction factor of 1.0. No, the dynoing was performed on the same day, so you can through some skepticism there. However, according to the meteorological readings for each day the testing conditions were nearly identical. Same altitude. Same boost. To throw another kicker in the equation, here is a dyno graph from a dynojet:

and another from a dynapack:

These graphs show how each dyno can read significantly different (i.e., one dynapack can reader higher than another) so it is really difficult to draw any concrete conclusions.

Anyways, thanks again for providing these comparisons and best of luck to you in the future!

Last edited by 1QYK9; Mar 30, 2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

awesome comparison!

Now i know my 414whp on a Dyno Dynamics is more like 500+whp on DynoJet

Most guys in Australia have always wondered why USA cars seems to make heaps more power than us on similar mods/boost, now we have an answer!

Quick Reply: DYNOJET VS DYNODYNAMICS... Round XX