Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

590whp 576wtq@40.2psi FPred/Stock Block (TTP TUNED)

Old Aug 16, 2009, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
I respectfully disagree. With a tubular manifold I would loose torque which is not the direction I am taking this project. I have yet to be convinced of any gains from an o2 dump as well not to mention the questionable fitment I have experienced in the past.
I forgot about losing wtq i corrected my previuos post a little. The epm o2 dump definetly gave me gains. This is why i ended taking it off because i was getting boost creep. One afternoon i was thinking to my self this ****ing boost creep is pissing me the **** off. So i thought to myself im pretty sure i got a megan o2 laying in my garage around my tool area in a parts bin that i didnt sell. So i found it ported the **** out of it and decided to put it on my car the next day. So the next day i had it switched out for my epm 02 dump I told my tuner frommy shop that i switched out my epm o2 dump for a meagan and he said he wanted me to bring the car by to see if my car was running safe. When we put my car on the dyno and did some pulls, immediatly we could see that the car was loosing spool up and wtq and whp because we lined up the new dyno pulls with the previous ones when i had the epm o2 dump on my car before. I remeber losing around 20 wtq if not more. Give the a o2 dump a try whats the worse that can happen, your car becomes louder at wot. Whats the difference, you already have a race car that is already loud.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dipsetinallday
I forgot about losing wtq i corrected my previuos post a little. The epm o2 dump definetly gave me gains. This is why i ended taking it off because i was getting boost creep. One afternoon i was thinking to my self this ****ing boost creep is pissing me the **** off. So i thought to myself im pretty sure i got a megan o2 laying in my garage around my tool area in a parts bin that i didnt sell. So i found it ported the **** out of it and decided to put it on my car the next day. So the next day i had it switched out for my epm 02 dump I told my tuner frommy shop that i switched out my epm o2 dump for a meagan and he said he wanted me to bring the car by to see if my car was running safe. When we put my car on the dyno and did some pulls, immediatly we could see that the car was loosing spool up and wtq and whp because we lined up the new dyno pulls with the previous ones when i had the epm o2 dump on my car before. I remeber losing around 20 wtq if not more. Give the a o2 dump a try whats the worse that can happen, your car becomes louder at wot. Whats the difference, you already have a race car that is already loud.
Actually he has a DD with all the creature comforts and it's actually pretty quiet for the power it makes. My car runs two mufflers to his one and is still louder lol
Old Aug 16, 2009, 11:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Migsubishi
Actually he has a DD with all the creature comforts and it's actually pretty quiet for the power it makes. My car runs two mufflers to his one and is still louder lol
I got 3 resonators on my exhaust and its still about as loud when i had one on it.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I got 3 resonators on my exhaust and its still about as loud when i had one on it.
a bit over kill don't you think....

Great numbers by the way. I plan to break 600 on my FP Red setup that I'm building next summer. We shall hope and see. Hey Scott, do you know the shaft speed of the Red at 40+lbs?

Last edited by BLKCarbonEVO; Aug 17, 2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 12:11 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You need a ported head, o2 dump like the shearer, aem ems, maperformance rev3 intake manifold, tubular manifold. To get you well over 600 whp. And then your car will def be a 9 sec car, if it isnt already. If you get that lockout fixed. Actually i would probably skip the ported im thinking this because i see mostwanteds fp red numbers and his wtq is much lower than yours probably because he had the ported head. But im not sure.
Um, no.

His TB and intake are ported already.

O2 dumps have not demonstrated any power on our dyno.

The exhaust manifold is ported already.

He definitely doesn't need EMS. People get AEM for speed density. Something we have already accomplished on his car with the stock ECU thanks to work done by a Dr. John Banks.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 04:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VQboodah
you still have the stock clutch delay valve in place- if so id try removing it and see if it helps with lockout
I am using a quartermaster hydrolic throw out bearing. I no longer have a factory clutch slave cylinder.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Great numbers as usual Ryu and Scott! The car is an absolute beast and sounds extremely mean. Good luck at the track!
Old Aug 17, 2009, 05:30 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SHhhhh
Great numbers as usual Ryu and Scott! The car is an absolute beast and sounds extremely mean. Good luck at the track!
Did you say video?
Old Aug 17, 2009, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Did you say video?
Oh yea, that.......

Just uploaded so resolution should get better soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBV9MeRFUYg
Old Aug 17, 2009, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Scott / Ryu - Congrats! Power looks really nice...
Old Aug 17, 2009, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SHhhhh
Oh yea, that.......

Just uploaded so resolution should get better soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBV9MeRFUYg
Thanks again Brian for taking time out of your schedule to make one of your high quality video's of my car.

First post edited with video link.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

No problem Chris. I enjoyed it!
Old Aug 17, 2009, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

i want to know how you like that spec clutch, how long have you had it
Old Aug 17, 2009, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Great numbers guys! Scott... you guys are proving to me you are the shop to go to once I get to Florida!
Old Aug 17, 2009, 07:08 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
I am using the FP 18psi wastegate.
If you look in my previous posts it shouldn't take long to find a post of my mod list as I have posted it up quite a few times. The new additions are the Spec Supertwin clutch and speed density.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...wtq-33psi.html

Are you still on the ETS 3.5" FMIC? Any other major changes from this setup?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 590whp 576wtq@40.2psi FPred/Stock Block (TTP TUNED)