Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Buschur 2.3 + FP Black + 39PSI

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2010, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great numbers Should see more once you get a better intercooler. I am impressed that the exedy twin held up, On exedy's site its rated at 450wheel tq. I want to have your setup or maybe a 2.4 with stock ported intake and I am clutch shopping now for best DD clutch that can handle that kind of hp/tq.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 08:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 1slowassevo
Not trying to be a jerk i made 585 dynojet numbers on a 6262 with stock cams on 32 psi with 14* pump gas..Now you should make 610 on 35 psi my friend black carbon made 67whp and 585tq on 32 psi with a 2.4 and almost the same mods as you..
his power mods over mine are: shearer o2 dump, SD, custom grind, Magnus v5, 4" intake, 3.8" Garrett core, 10:1 Motor, yada yada.. hes got quite a blanket over me.

for whats it worth use the WCF numbers in this scenario. We were experiencing abnormal weather conditions as I was dynoing. It was thunder-storming and down-pouring 10minutes away from CBRD, yet at CBRD it was not raining and was sunny and hot.. The weather was ****ed up so definitely use the WCF in this case, as im sure its the most accurate. Using the WCF it puts me about 608 on a dynojet which is still pathetic i know.. 39psi should be in the 640+ range not even questionable.

Last edited by tscompusa2; Jul 10, 2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 08:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lillev23
If I could go back in time I would have gotten the BR IC. I have a ETS IC right now with the ETS core. When I tried to get the garrett core from them, they didn't have any of the 3.8" cores in stock.
damn but with your progress and numbers and etc i would not be complaining. you hold a pretty strong record right now. from what I understand the spearco allows more breathing past it , while the garrett core is like a wall for sucking in air.. for dsm's the spearco is a no brainer but for evos? no.. evos dont have rad cooling issues.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looking good man! I also think a big boy t3 setup would do wonders for your car. I know someone with a whole setup for sale! His name is me! T3 .82 with a 4bolt output and a 6262 with Garrett center section and milled compressor cover. Tial 44mm wg. Just needs a dump tube and the DP connected to your exhaust. I would maybe even trade straight up! Turbo has never been driven on just started and the WG is NIB. Manifold and DP are powder coated black.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 08:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Im keeping fp black until it blows up man.. I am a quick spooling turbo guy.. I need something that is instant, because I am WOT 24/7 when in car everywhere, stop and go. with a big turbo setup i would kill myself.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 08:52 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tscompusa
his power mods over mine are: shearer o2 dump, SD, custom grind, Magnus v5, 4" intake, 3.8" Garrett core, 10:1 Motor, yada yada.. hes got quite a blanket over me.

for whats it worth use the WCF numbers in this scenario. We were experiencing abnormal weather conditions as I was dynoing. It was thunder-storming and down-pouring 10minutes away from CBRD, yet at CBRD it was not raining and was sunny and hot.. The weather was ****ed up so definitely use the WCF in this case, as im sure its the most accurate. Using the WCF it puts me about 608 on a dynojet which is still pathetic i know.. 39psi should be in the 640+ range not even questionable.

Its all good kid when my car dynoed it was the same 98degress and 95 % humidity faeken sucks *** but it's summer..Don't stress hopefully the new cooler will give you the numbers your looking for and hopefully it fixes the timing pull back keep us updated .

You should buy the same o2 housing mikey has he swears by it and so do I also there no sound like it when it opens reminds of my old built typer r motor from back in the days...
Old Jul 10, 2010, 09:10 PM
Former Sponsor

To loud for me. If my car made anymore noise id be getting arrested on a daily basis. That o2 dump is good for 40WHP. I will get road pulls in tomorrow and post up DLL, virtual dyno, and VDR.. and see what those all show. Hopefully temp is lower so I can confirm the FMIC is heatsoaking. Like I said, never seen timing pulled at peak like I did on dyno.. so we will see. I live in country area so doing pulls is no big deal around here.. tons of open smooth road.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 10:07 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Badass man!!! Congrats, that is fantastic power from a fantastic setup. The plot is freaking SEXY, I am jealous. Now go have some fun with it!
Old Jul 10, 2010, 11:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats on the build. Looks like some nice power there.

And dont worry about the missing power, you'll find it in no time
Old Jul 10, 2010, 11:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Also, I thought DB just mention that the last perrin IC he tuned was not that great and he said he remembered/thought of them being a lot better. Might wanna look into that more.

If it your IC holding you back, time for a 3.8 CBRD one
Old Jul 11, 2010, 12:05 AM
Account Disabled

WOW the FP power continues
Old Jul 11, 2010, 12:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great work! I will have to come down some time for a ride Car must be a monster
Old Jul 11, 2010, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

tscompusa please post up a video of you car going through the gears with the 39 psi tune, I would love to see that.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 04:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
Honestly I can live with the power it has now, i expect it to trap in the 136-137 range as is, but 39psi just to make what? 610 on a dynojet? not acceptable! .. so i will change the fmic and see if we can turn the boost down to about 35lbs or so and get the same results. car will goto the track after new FMIC is swapped.
So are you going to take it to the track to see it if traps that mph and to see what ET you run?
Old Jul 11, 2010, 09:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by scheides
Badass man!!! Congrats, that is fantastic power from a fantastic setup. The plot is freaking SEXY, I am jealous. Now go have some fun with it!
Thanks man. I think it feels pretty strong as is even! I mean my road tune beforehand even pulled decent.

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
Also, I thought DB just mention that the last perrin IC he tuned was not that great and he said he remembered/thought of them being a lot better. Might wanna look into that more.

If it your IC holding you back, time for a 3.8 CBRD one
Thanks for the kind words. Yep I seen that post! My FMIC is atleast 3-4 years old, so its the older style perrin. It would be nice if perrin themselves would confirm they did change something so I know.

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Great work! I will have to come down some time for a ride Car must be a monster
Thanks. Anytime man! Bring Tiago with lol

Originally Posted by bigturboevo80
tscompusa please post up a video of you car going through the gears with the 39 psi tune, I would love to see that.

This I dont like doing because when I tape the camera to the speedo I cant see the RPM gauge, so i am shifting blindly.. I mean its not a big deal I do it ussually
anyways, but i feel uncomfortable . I will try to get the gopro setup tho sometime.

Originally Posted by blitz118
So are you going to take it to the track to see it if traps that mph and to see what ET you run?
yes. Im also going to go out right now in the next hr and do 2-3 pulls logging with evoscan so i can see whats really going on here power wise.
I show anywhere over 650 with DLL, virtual dyno, vdr.. something is up.. Its only 70F here so if it is the FMIC its going to grab a ****ton more
power right now.

Quick Reply: Buschur 2.3 + FP Black + 39PSI