Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.
View Poll Results: Should all Horspower Records be set or backed up MANDATORY on Dynojet Dyno??
YES
77.08%
NO
22.92%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Dyno Records.. We need 1 Standard of Measurement!!! Vote Now..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2010, 01:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
All I know is I lost all my low/mid range power after my dyno tune, and just recently i tuned it back in and the car feels like night and day. I dont know much about mustang dynos, but my experience with this one was horrible. It showed gains everywhere, but on the street it felt slower downlow and lost tons of torque.. is it the style of the tune possibly or what would cause that? The computer showed gains..... check my BR 2.3 + fp black thread and see my road tune at low/mid range how much power i picked up and torque.. and it feels like a completely different vehicle now also.

So was this dyno not reading accurately or what? How can it show gains when they are losses on the road? or is this due to parts not working properly? IE.. crappy FMIC, the ecu pulling timing due to higher intake air temps etc?

EDIT : I forgot to say....... after 6500RPM on up it was accurate. It did show gains at those areas on both road and dyno.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 05:33 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
The distance of the drag race is not a variable, it's a constant.

To the weight comment...people are trying to compare engines... you say go to the track...I'm saying engines aren't the only factor to going fast, therefore you cannot assume that a vehicle with a lower ET/MPH by default makes more power.
Remember we're talking about engines and horsepower records....not necessarily ET records.

Again... look at MarkyMark's stock turbo car running 10.6@129mph. Most street driven Evo's @ 3200+ pounds only attain 10's with a good bit over 550whp (DJ) We're talking about a 700 pound advantage... you can't seriously be trying to compare which engine makes more power.

I do agree that the proof in the pudding is in your results at the track... but to compare Horsepower to Horsepower... you're best bet is the dyno. Otherwise racing it down the track only allows for many other ways of manipulation en lieu of a correction factor.
This.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is DG Motors at it again? LOL