Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo8 - FP Red - 93oct - 369hp/329tq - Buschur Racing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2010, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks denile!

Last edited by Hardware; Dec 16, 2010 at 06:18 AM. Reason: I got the answer I was looking for.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Numbers are rather low but mustang dyno read low
Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:19 AM

Not that low. I have buschur stages 1-4, hks 272 cams, Aem Ems, red turbo, and stock top and bottom and just made 445whp and 390 wtq on buschur's dyno at just below 30 psi. Hope you find your power man.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
445whp on pump gas? Seems high
Old Dec 16, 2010, 06:35 AM

yeah 93 octane. Dyno graph on Buschur Forum. I still need to port the intake mani and TB. Also need better cams
Old Dec 16, 2010, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
id say like everyone else said about more aggressive cams, although 2 other things you should look to ditch for more power on the dyno....ditch the mbc for a 3port boost controller since you already have an upgraded wastegate...other suggestion if you plan to stay with the fp red for a while...ditch that crappy megan 02 housing...buy a quality one like titek or works or somethin like that...that could help with better numbers cuz there were a bunch of threads on the megan 02 housings and some of them had issues...id look into that..
Old Dec 16, 2010, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
dastallion, sorry, I don't agree with your suggestions, at all. The manual boost controller vs any electronic is going to make no difference in the peak power of this car. Also the Megan 02 housing is up there with the best 02 housing you are going to buy, period. There are only a few of those style housings that actually work and as much as it pains me to say it, Megan is one of those.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

while that would be true dave and i dont wanna start anything over this...but with a 3 port boost solenoid as your aware, you can dial the settings in to where you can hold more boost to redline...whereas with a mbc, even the one ive got (dejon tool) i enlarged my taper hole to the wastegate line but with a peak boost of about 26 psi by about redline im already down to about 22ish.... so isnt rule of thumb for about every 1psi of boost equates to 10-15hp, so if he was down in high rpms on boost 2-3psi then theoretically that could be 30-45peak hp... so if for example if he did have the 3port boost solenoid and he held more boost to redline theoretically then that could have somethin to do with the numbers, and as far as megans go ive seen a couple evos here in southern california that have had to swap there megan 02 housings for boost creep issues...now im not doggin your tuning at all...more so at some of the parts selection the car has, which could equate to the not as high numbers as the op would like. so like i was sayin im not tryin to talk ish which is what some people are known on here to do, im just statin my opinions now im not all a master tech by far, but i am smarter then the average bear.. haha and what i do know ive done my research on, so op dont feel bad about not makin what you expected i made 385whp and 355 tq on a dynojet but on 91 cali octane and in over 100 degree ambient temps.... so dont fret numbers are the equivalent of comparin your dick to someone else... who cares if theres is only a couple inches bigger if they only last 2 mins hahaha.....sorry im rantin time to smoke a bowl haha
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

If the problem was with the car dropping boost up top then a better boost controller or a properly sized turbo could be the solution, in this case, that's not what's going on. If the turbo and the rest of the car is set up correctly the boost will not fall off anyway, falling boost is 99% of the time NOT the result of the type of boost controller being run but some other "issue".

Boost creep is another area that isn't usually a problem, actually, I can't say I've seen boost creep on an EVO ever. I've seen about every 02 housing ever made for the EVO and boost creep is non-existent.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

well in your opinion dave, whats the possible issue then with the mods that couldnt get this car over 400hp... i mean you guys have the better octane, and also better colder climates to make more hp....now like i said im not talkin ish im just makin a statement... if you wanna see some posts about megan 02 housings having boost creep issues, check out some threads either on here or on socalevo.net....u will find some it is there, thats one thing i didnt go cheap on was an 02 housing.. there already kind of a pain to get out once to replace, so to russian roulette it by savin 100 just isnt feasible in my mind...but then again i think differently then most people.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

i run a megan o2 housing on my evo with 0 boost creep issues.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd agree with Dave here and say in this situation the MBC and o2 housing have nothing to do with the car putting down lower than expected numbers.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

ok then too bad op dont have more money we can do an experiment setup the 3 port boost solenoid and swap out the megan for a titek perhaps an invidia, i would bet at least a 20hp difference..but it may, or it may not make a difference. im just makin a statement as to my experience.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Invidia was the worst power producing of all 02 housings I tested, the dyno tests are posted here somewhere. I don't care what the threads here or elsewhere say. I do not build Megan 02 housings so I have nothing to benefit from saying it is one of the best, I spend way too much time testing this stuff, remember I own a dyno and beyond owning a dyno I am a dedicated enthusiast who wants to know what parts work the best. Many times this testing doesn't even get posted, I run the tests for the sole purpose of finding put an answer.

Like the last 3 weeks of cold weather testing with getting E98 to start in 3 degree F temps.....

***** a 3 port solenoid. I'll take a good manual controller and the RIGHT turbo/set up any day.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Dastallion, I just read your signature.....no offense but you have one of the worst combination of and quality of pats I've ever seen listed, your experience may not be anything someone else wants to follow based on that. Just saying...

Quick Reply: Evo8 - FP Red - 93oct - 369hp/329tq - Buschur Racing