Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

BOOSTED TUNING Custom Road Tune - EVO IX - Stock turbo & E85 411hp/362tq

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2010, 05:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
BOOSTED TUNING Custom Road Tune - EVO IX - Stock turbo & E85 411hp/362tq

I tuned this car on 91oct a week or two ago. The owner then came back to do an E85 tune. The results are below.

2006 EVO IX SE

Stock Turbo
Stock Cams
Stock Clutch

MAP Ported hotside
MAP Ported exhaust mani
3" TBE w/ TP
R/T Ernie O2 Housing
Buschur LICP & J-pipe
Buschur 3.8 Garret IC
Speed Element OMG filter
FP 18 psi WGA
Grimmspeed 3 port BCS
PTE 1200's
255 Walbro
Zeitronix ZT-2 & multi gauge
Omni 4 Bar
Tephra V7

E85 @ 28psi

VD 411hp/362tq (UNCORRECTED)

Here is an overlay of the E85 tune and the 91oct tune. +81hp and +56tq over the 91 numbers.

(* The weight difference is because 91oct run only had the owner in the car, the E85 run had owner + me)

Thanks for your support Wes. Hope you like your new power

Last edited by Boosted Tuning; Nov 8, 2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Words can't describe how pleased I am Jay. Had a exciting ride home. The tune is just so smooth it's really incredible and you were able to pull more power out of it than I was expecting. I look forward to having you tune it more as I add other goodies and I would really really encourage anyone else looking for a great tune to inquire with you. Whether it be a road tune in person or email tune. It was a pleasure doing business with you and I know others would feel the same.

It's fast enough now that I have to plan a path ahead of time before I "pull the trigger". Pulls super quick to the new redline. Me likey!!

I also would like to point out that everything else is stock. No ported intake manifold, no cams, no throttle body. Nada

Last edited by 4xforce; Nov 6, 2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 06:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4xforce
Words can't describe how pleased I am Jay. Had a exciting ride home. The tune is just so smooth it's really incredible and you were able to pull more power out of it than I was expecting. I look forward to having you tune it more as I add other goodies and I would really really encourage anyone else looking for a great tune to inquire with you. Whether it be a road tune in person or email tune. It was a pleasure doing business with you and I know others would feel the same.

It's fast enough now that I have to plan a path ahead of time before I "pull the trigger". Pulls super quick to the new redline. Me likey!!
Now you can update your sig.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

I will. I'm sure nobody caught the other one anyhow.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

I'm fishing for some comments or suggestions here. After looking at the GST thread that Bryan posted of the "stock" turbo cars and comparing it to my chart what in my mods or tune would be affecting my horsepower to torque ratio. I am seeing a lot of charts with stock turbos having their hp/tq number almost equal. Is there something holding torque back or is something promoting more horsepower than torque in a given mod combination? Or is this question just a huge can of worms?
Old Nov 7, 2010, 08:11 PM
Former Sponsor

I'm fishing for some comments or suggestions here. After looking at the GST thread that Bryan posted of the "stock" turbo cars and comparing it to my chart what in my mods or tune would be affecting my horsepower to torque ratio. I am seeing a lot of charts with stock turbos having their hp/tq number almost equal. Is there something holding torque back or is something promoting more horsepower than torque in a given mod combination? Or is this question just a huge can of worms?
In the thread your talking about, most of them have about 30-40 less tq then hp. There is a couple that have equal tq and hp but those ones have cams, which you dont have.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 08:48 PM
Former Sponsor

I'd also like to add, that I tune for safety and reliability, along with power. If you want a "kill mode" tune, just tell me.

Also, to answer your question, mods can have a lot to do with tq vs hp. For example, a 2.5 DP will make more tq then a 3" DP. But of course the 3" DP will make more up top.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow those are some nice numbers. Gotta love that stock turbo.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Jay. Thanks for the input. I know your tunes are solid and I have no doubt about the safety of the tune you gave me. I was curious about why certain combinations of parts are more prone to equal torque and horsepower numbers. For the record I am totally cool with my level of performance and the quality of the tune you did for me. Having said that I can't imagine cams making my numbers more equal. This was just all out of curiosity and a desire to educate myself a little.

As far as the other two posts above......thanks for the kind words. It's an absolute blast to drive now. The power feels so linear and smooth. Like a fellow Evo owner told me......"It's enough power to break a few hearts". Which I plan on doing. Thanks Jay.

Last edited by 4xforce; Nov 7, 2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Good work jay buddy.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jay. Thanks for the input. I know your tunes are solid and I have no doubt about the safety of the tune you gave me. I was curious about why certain combinations of parts are more prone to equal torque and horsepower numbers. For the record I am totally cool with my level of performance and the quality of the tune you did for me. Having said that I can't imagine cams making my numbers more equal. This was just all out of curiosity and a desire to educate myself a little.

As far as the other two posts above......thanks for the kind words. It's an absolute blast to drive now. The power feels so linear and smooth. Like a fellow Evo owner told me......"It's enough power to break a few hearts". Which I plan on doing. Thanks Jay.
411whp is nice. be glad he kept the torque where it is, you'd rather have a happy motor then a unhappy one trust me. if someone offers to give you more torque please decline it.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice numbers
Old Nov 8, 2010, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent work as always Jay. This guy knows his stuff, and I am glad others are as happy as I am with my car. I wish we had E85, but I'm not complaining about my 94 oct tune from Jay.

boostedtuning.com ftmfw

Bren
Old Nov 8, 2010, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
411whp is nice. be glad he kept the torque where it is, you'd rather have a happy motor then a unhappy one trust me. if someone offers to give you more torque please decline it.
I figured I was well in the clear on torque as there quite a few that have reliably run the stock bottom end up to 400 ft/lbs mustang numbers. I am looking to push it further before I build the motor so I hope that it will handle a bit more.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 09:04 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
those are essentially the same dj numbers i got on the stock turbo. makes for a fun ride.

Quick Reply: BOOSTED TUNING Custom Road Tune - EVO IX - Stock turbo & E85 411hp/362tq