Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

evoIX 35r stock block results

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:17 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
589 Seems to be a bit more realistic for everything being stock..

What your doing is not to bright the motor is being chocked up and your creating some serious pressure in the motor from the stock cams.

The tq level that your at is not very safe either. I never heard of this tuner belvin or whatever his name is..Are you trying to break the stock everything whp record??
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:23 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by raiceboi697
hmmm well if you can beat those kinds of cars(should be easy from a dig) then id assume 1k bikes are no issue either. Just seems strange that you have all this power for so long and have yet to hit a track to back up these results
Rotfl car should be named dynoqueen for life..
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah...I'd have to say on stock everything I'm skeptical at best. I've never seen a car on stock motor/cams make that kind of power. It appears you even have the stock intercooler piping, at least the upper, and you're flowing a whole ton of air and making more power than people make with built motors, IM's, exhaust cut-outs, etc. Guess if you ever get to run the 1/4 to back it up we'll know for sure but again, fully stock motor...eh, you'd be the only one I've ever seen at that power level. On stock head studs too...double eh. I'm aware what can be done by a good tuner however a good tuner can't fix the weak links in the motor nor can they be tuned around, they just are what they are, weak links and adding more and more power will only bring that to light. If everything stands as is I give it a week at that power level of driving it at that power level before something goes haywire. Not to mention it's getting colder, so you're 39.8PSI is going to top 42+ on really cold days. I wonder how many counts of knock or ignition misses before boom.

What are your other mods? You have lower, IC, exhaust, and turbo kit? I never saw what other supporting mods if any.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Colt4g63
This dyno is a Mustang dyno BUT is calibrated to read right on par with a Dyno Jet. And here is why... The shop this was done at was tired of people crying about there #s being low like Mustang dynos read "for those that are used to a Dyno jet" which is industry standard IMHO so they calibrated it right with a local Dyno jet. Which is there preference and what everyone around here in the Louisville area wanted obviously or they wouldn't have taken the time to have cars on dyno jet an hour or 2 apart to make sure the dynos read the same. This car runs hard and i personally guarantee it will back up its #s if your going off dyno jet output #s... This was about 40psi we gave it all the 35R had And i believe the stock head bolts are hating life and getting a little push due to this. But its still out every weekend just like it has been ALL year long running big boost and doing A LOT of street racing and A LOT of winning against some fast local cars. It backs up its #s in the street 100%!!
So from what I read familymr sounded like he just had this done, but you're saying it's out "every weekend" doing street races against fast local cars. So when was this tuning done out of curiosity? Last month? Last year?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:56 AM
Account Disabled

05 blue car makes no sense what so ever..Ive seen only one other car make lots of power on stock cams but not stock motor and it was on a 37 which is a much bigger turbo..The stock head studs would have stretched by now and the head would have been passing coolent to the oil.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

He said it is pushing coolant at full boost but how much is the question...yeah, I'm skeptical but I've been following dsm's for about 10 years and evo's for 3 now and...this would be the first time I've ever seen it. It goes against everything that every shop says as far as any type of upgrade path. I know that path isn't required but to let your motor breathe at 40PSI of boost on a turbo that big...

Do you still have the stock worm clamps holding your pipes on too?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by raiceboi697
hmmm well if you can beat those kinds of cars(should be easy from a dig) then id assume 1k bikes are no issue either. Just seems strange that you have all this power for so long and have yet to hit a track to back up these results
I tried to at our local track but its 1/8 mile and they are all over u if u go to fast without a cage . I did that on low boost . An the next close is bowlingreen KY an it 2 hours away and I have indy that's 2 hours away. An to be honest with u I don't have the cash to have it towed home if I break it and I do not own a truck to haul it there an back. I would love to get it on a 1/4 mile trust me. But instead I street race that way I have a cheap tow bill if I break it. I only took it to the dyno to get some numbers to sell the kit . I'm going to build a spare motor and get a AMS 850R kit.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:42 AM
Account Disabled

I give up waste of time of a thread..
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Good job blevins, I've heard a lot of good things about u.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Hey how about this you all load up your cars and come try me out on the street and then that night we can take the head off together at my garage and you all can pay for the new head gasket and studs ?? Sound like a deal? I have nothing to hide .
An the car is ran on 28 psi daily then 36 to 39 on high boost . The car was tuned about 2 to 3 months ago on the street to high boost but was on a single pump at 28 psi since april .
Old Nov 11, 2010, 09:30 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by familymr
Hey how about this you all load up your cars and come try me out on the street and then that night we can take the head off together at my garage and you all can pay for the new head gasket and studs ?? Sound like a deal? I have nothing to hide .
An the car is ran on 28 psi daily then 36 to 39 on high boost . The car was tuned about 2 to 3 months ago on the street to high boost but was on a single pump at 28 psi since april .

First off you didn't even list a full mod list..A single walbaro 255 at that power level come on you think were stupid???

I personally don't care about your headstuds nor your h.g.either me and 05 evo are saying that your full of b.s.

If these claims are true you should trap high 130's easy and would have the stock block record..

Trust me if this was all real blevin and the shop would have took this care to the track and prove it..
Old Nov 11, 2010, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Trap speeds will tell.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 09:56 AM

how many miles on your motor? what size of injectors you are using/?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zac5
how many miles on your motor? what size of injectors you are using/?
30,000 1450 blue max
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is pathetic.... The car did 589 in VDR on 33-34psi... On the dyno it was cranked as high as the BC would let it go and the car made 629 and i went very aggressive with it for a final "glory pull" to make the 644 and when doing so the car peaked high and then started dropping power pretty rapidly... I believe the springs are floating due to the high amount of boost i threw at it But anyway.. Like i stated this mustang dyno is calibrated to read as closely to a dyno jet as they could get it there at Automotion. And yes the car is lifting the head and did some on the dyno as it did push coolant....

If any of you doubt me or anything i post get in touch with some major shops out there they all know me well. Hell go ahead to pretty much the top of the food chain around here and call AMS and ask for Eric Jones and ask him about me or even Chris or Martin at AMS if they think i know what im doing. Seems some of you on here only believe things if they are some big name shop here on EVOM. FYI there is a life with some great tuners doing big things outside of this forum.

Here is some more facts for you from this forum that some of you doubting people may know if your such in the know anyways... Fathouse is a well know guy on here and inthe DSM community and has been a long time friend of mine that went very fast with his stock turbo evo "11.2 on evo 9 gearing full weight stock block" I TUNED THAT CAR. And who do you think tuned Fathouses car when it was on stock block and running low 10s on a standard 35R at 137-138mph on radials?? Fathouse AND I had our hand in that. And Fathouse new setup that went 150.6MPH on its very 1st pass down the track on the new setup on radials at just 39psi i tuned that car from scratch. I used Fathouse for an example here as he is very well known on this forum and will vouch for me, my honesty and my ability with these cars and MANY other cars from TT vipers, LS1s, Hondas even to motorcycle tuning. No one is here trying to pull anything over any ones eyes or feed them full of crap. This is what the car did on a dyno that i have seen with my own eyes read right on par with a Dyno Jet 1-2 max hours of placing cars on dyno jet rollers to this dynos rollers. Take it for what you want and believe what u choose i guess. But sorry if you feel like someone is on here trying to feed anyone full of crap as thats not the intention of the OP post. He is very happy with his car and wanted to share and if i were him i would be too!!

Last edited by Colt4g63; Nov 11, 2010 at 01:01 PM.

Quick Reply: evoIX 35r stock block results