Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

vr-speed tuned fp green hta 93octane and 28psi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

evo 9 with stock cams and 93octane (oem block & head)

currently still on maf.. converting over to sd soon.
getting tuned on e85 next.

Well as most can see lately there have been a lot of great things Tom has been doing. But what I still cant figure out is, does he have a life? He is basically always available. Well the experience with his service is quite educational and well customer oriented . I'm not a tuner, but working with him made me understand the work involved the tuning process and the why behind the changes. Lets get some data shall we!!!!

-FP HTA Green ported hotside with FP 25lbs wga
-Map ported exh mani & 3" recirc o2 & dp & catless 3"exhaust
-FIC 1250 & Walboro modified (release valve punched in)
-ETS 3.5" intercooler & licp
-Omni Map // Grimmspeed solenoid // 3.5" intake for SD
-ACD XTSS clutch // Map head studs
-Map Headstuds

Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice, I hate your car already lol. I know you can only enjoy the fun this is bringing as I am still working with TOM on my FP Red Setup.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tom only exists to satisfy everyone's tuning desires!
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
wow, extremely nice for the mods. 300tq at 3500 and holding over 28psi at 8000.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VRSF Tiago

LoL, Yeah he does.

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
wow, extremely nice for the mods. 300tq at 3500 and holding over 28psi at 8000.
Its crazy lol.

I dont hit spool right now until 4200 lol but hold boost through redline thanks to toms tune, hes a mad scientist when it comes to the details and just makes thing run perfect lol.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much does he charge to retune? For example, say I get tuned on stock cams, install cams and springs how much would it be to modify the tune?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Guerillah
How much does he charge to retune? For example, say I get tuned on stock cams, install cams and springs how much would it be to modify the tune?
Thats more so his call, if you are a repeat cutomer I am sure he will cut you a deal. I am going to be tweaking my tune with him as he is experimenting with my Cam tune lol and see what happens. All I can say imo once you have his tune you more then likely wont go somewhere else. I am at 443 378 at 27 psi on my red and dare another tuner to attempt to break that number without blowing my motor to do so thats how much I trust his tune.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:55 PM

hey congrats on the dyno numbers, i am wondering if you made a video of your tune, and also if you have a video on the street
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scoopevo
hey congrats on the dyno numbers, i am wondering if you made a video of your tune, and also if you have a video on the street
Do you know how Tscompusa/Tom tunes? There is no Dyno involved these are road logs and inputed in to VD which is almost 100% Accurate. The tunes are done on the street remotely and dont think toms gonna drive to each person lol and fly as he does this internationaly as well lol.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

At what point will you be switching to SD? I'd like to see the before and after comparisons on a smaller turbo. I think that will be interesting.

The E85 numbers should make for a nice comparison as well.

On a side note, here is another thread crediting Toms work! I've been very pleased working with him tuning my car. I plan on starting my e85 tuning this coming weekend.

Last edited by evilempire76; Apr 27, 2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

If all goes well that makes two of us.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 07:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by VRSF Tiago
Man I am glad you cleared that up I was gonna say......
Old Apr 28, 2011, 07:16 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
I will say Tom has spent alot of time on my car and it isn't 100% done. Being I am an idiot half the time, and he has great patience for people like me, this is what makes him a good tuner. I have had my car retuned 3 times and I haven't been happy with really any of the tunes. Tom has taken the time to make sure the car is the way I want it. Right now we are still workin on the idle and I think we have it licked. So today I am gonna take it for a drive and get the mid all set up and hopefully I can get some more numbers.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cursedsm
I will say Tom has spent alot of time on my car and it isn't 100% done. Being I am an idiot half the time, and he has great patience for people like me, this is what makes him a good tuner. I have had my car retuned 3 times and I haven't been happy with really any of the tunes. Tom has taken the time to make sure the car is the way I want it. Right now we are still workin on the idle and I think we have it licked. So today I am gonna take it for a drive and get the mid all set up and hopefully I can get some more numbers.
Same here still tweaking minor things but so far this is the best tune I have had as of yet.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
thanks for all the kind words guys. i have been actually neglecting my personal evo over customers cars.. if that gives any insight over my loyalty to my customers.

i will work on a car until the customers satisfied.. i build a relationship with the customer and we tweak every aspect of the tune until the customer is satisfied.. that is why i choose instant messenger programs for communication.. i feel the more communication, the better the outcome will be.

curseddsm - his car was initially tuned on a maf it did make 430whp or more on the map sst but the turbo died, since then his maf died.. so now im tuning him blind on speed density. this takes some time to get right but i think were close now.

beissen - going to try another route to up power slightly on his car as is, just because im interested to see if it works or not. another great customer.

pegasus - e85 next for you.. i think your setup will do very well on e85 considered it did 500 on 91oct with a conservative tune.

scoopevo - these are remote tunes, i am not really restricted when i do the tunes remotely, since its how i started.. i even remote tune my own car now that i think about it.. i take it out and log pulls, and bring the pulls back home.. then adjust.. same thing im doing remote, but easier since i dont have to move from my seat.

Guerillah - for cams, it would pretty much be a new retune.. cams will effect timing & fuel, so pretty much full retune (150) - just PM me and we can work something out.. sometimes i make exceptions.

94awdcoupe - i really appreciate the kind words especially coming from you.. i know you're a hard one to gain respect from lol

tiago - thanks lol.. i must admit my personal evo would be no where near the level it is now if it wasnt for your advice and recommendations on parts for it. dont think i didnt forget all the help you gave me..

and Armen, thanks for posting your results!

We can do a comparison of MAF vs SD .. that is actually no problem.. since we can flash one rom and test and flash the next and test.. back to back pulls within the same hour..

If you guys want to see it we can do it..

Last edited by tscompusa2; Apr 28, 2011 at 08:52 AM.

Quick Reply: vr-speed tuned fp green hta 93octane and 28psi