Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

MAP EF-series Turbochargers results thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
There is definitely an issue somewhere in the configuration, see the below results at 27psi.

Modifications:
MAP EF2 Turbocharger
FIC 1150cc on E85
Hallman MBC
ETS 3" FMIC
MAP LICP
Megan Racing TBE
BC272 Cams

I knew you had a dyno chart ha!
Old Aug 28, 2011, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracka
PlanoEvo's charts:
I love this powerband...stock turbo curve with the extra top end power we all want. I can only imagine what 30+ psi will look like...
Old Aug 28, 2011, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YogSaahoth
I love this powerband...stock turbo curve with the extra top end power we all want. I can only imagine what 30+ psi will look like...
Yeah try to get that kinda trq hit down low with any of these other big lag monsters everyone loves to build

Last edited by PlanoEvo; Aug 30, 2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old Aug 31, 2011, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well here is the graph and mod list.

Mods:
EF2 turbo w/ 22 psi actuator
FIC 1450cc injectors
ETS 3" IC
ETS LICP
AMS TBE
AMS UICP
GSC S1 (268) cams
Grimmspeed BCS
MAP O2 housing
Ported stock exhaust manifold
C.O.P. kit

Name:  untitled.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  59.9 KB

I'm fairly new to this turbo so bear with me. Like I posted earlier, there was alot of knock at 30 psi so it was brought down to 28 psi. After comparing with MAPS graph, it seems my power is coming in late. Also, the boost is tapering alot really early.

There was some issues when the car went in so we replaced the tb seal with a Milspec one. The turbo manifold gasket and the exhaust manifold were also replaced.

So I've discussed a few things with the tuner concerning the power level. He wants get a few tanks of E-85 run through the car to make sure there isn't any 91 in the car before he tackles the tune again. I'll be throwing in a AEM CAI before the tune. He also suggested Kelford 272 cams to gain some power up top.

Any thoughts on this is greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the bad graph. I'm still trying to figur out how to convert the pdf to jpeg.

Last edited by pkron05; Aug 31, 2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^That doesn't look too bad at all, but I am guessing that is Ron's dyno, he has gotten those numbers on his stock 9 turbo, but that was ***** out and he ran a 10.8 on it, lol.

I am confident you have a bunch more in it once you get the setup worked out. Congrats though, keep us updated.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by pkron05

Mods:
FIC 1450cc injectors
ETS 3" IC
ETS LICP
AMS TBE
AMS UICP
GSC S1 (268) cams
Grimmspeed BCS
MAP O2 housing
C.O.P. kit

I'm fairly new to this turbo so bear with me. Like I posted earlier, there was alot of knock at 30 psi so it was brought down to 28 psi. After comparing with MAPS graph, it seems my power is coming in late. Also, the boost is tapering alot really early.

There was some issues when the car went in so we replaced the tb seal with a Milspec one. The turbo manifold gasket and the exhaust manifold were also replaced.

So I've discussed a few things with the tuner concerning the power level. He wants get a few tanks of E-85 run through the car to make sure there isn't any 91 in the car before he tackles the tune again. I'll be throwing in a AEM CAI before the tune. He also suggested Kelford 272 cams to gain some power up top.

Sorry for the bad graph. I'm still trying to figur out how to convert the pdf to jpeg.
Sure. A slightly more aggressive cam would be good to add to the mix along with a good intake manifold. From there, I would be pleased as you could more than likely make more power with lower amounts of boost. It is all about having a strong and reliable tune.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 01:30 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by pkron05

Mods:
FIC 1450cc injectors
ETS 3" IC
ETS LICP
AMS TBE
AMS UICP
GSC S1 (268) cams
Grimmspeed BCS
MAP O2 housing
C.O.P. kit

Those are some great #'s good job. Although I agree larger cams would help more, I wouldn't go with Kelfords over GSC S2 cams. The AEM cai in my opinion is a waste of money and with a good quality short ram your gonna be just fine. Most tuners want the filter right off the turbo, and with a cai sure your gonna get a little cooler air, but your also making it travel a lot longer to get to the turbo. I would just stick with the short ram being the whole front of the car is pretty open for airflow. With e85 that thing should make a bit more power but he is right get all that 91 out of there and watch how different it feels with corn in it. All in all nice job.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 03:08 AM
Evolving Member

The power is coming TOO LATE. Check your wastegate actuator and make sure you pre load it properly.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YogSaahoth
Soon very soon
Old Sep 2, 2011, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

pkron its pretty clear your having an issue with boost coming on quickly look at the boost curve Chris carey posted and then look at yours , something isnt quite right .

As suggested before check the preload on your actuator , and also what pressure did you run your boost leak test to?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Heres the best i can do on pump gas cant seem to make any more peak power on 93 i found a bit of spoolup and adjusted the actuator a few times to find the optimal setting , Only other change was a new air filter .
This turbo is so impressive for the amount of response it has on a 2.0 even in 1st and 2nd gears and still cracking mid high 400s on pump.

30PSI peak falling to 27 at redline in 3rd
Name:  Untitled-2.png
Views: 0
Size:  130.7 KB
Old Sep 6, 2011, 09:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 304 Likes on 122 Posts
why is peak torque at 5200rpm and not closer to 4000rpm?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RSMike
why is peak torque at 5200rpm and not closer to 4000rpm?
Part of the problem is it looks like he started the run at 3500ish. Knock that closer down to 2500 or even 3000 and it would shift.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Its mostly the tune , I do a ton of road racing , this is still the stock block so ive made as large an effort as possible to make the power come on quick but smoothly .
Notice its 300wtq at 4100
200whp just before 3900
Very good for 93 octane.

The turbo also seems to have this trait a little , which is a great thing for anyone on the stock block
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Mid 400whp is not too shabby with a stock-framed turbo on pump/93.

Quick Reply: MAP EF-series Turbochargers results thread