Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

FP HTA Green Stock Block 93 Octane & E85 - Tuned by TSCOMPUSA/VR-Speed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:33 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
great power, nice car
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice numbers, car looks super clean.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
very nice intake box man. i want to do something like that. when the car gets hot and the radiator fan turns on your intake will suck in like 300F+ of hot air on a hot summer day.. definitely not good. your setup is very nice and white is my fav color for evos.

on e85 i will get this car about 500whp - clutch slipped when i added 3 deg more from a already conservative base map so im curious what it maxes out at myself.

and im in the same boat with the clutch thing.. def not fun to drop the transmission.

i like the pic at the track, you look like a man on a mission and focused in.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:19 AM
drb
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tscompusa
very nice intake box man. i want to do something like that. when the car gets hot and the radiator fan turns on your intake will suck in like 300F+ of hot air on a hot summer day.. definitely not good. your setup is very nice and white is my fav color for evos.

on e85 i will get this car about 500whp - clutch slipped when i added 3 deg more from a already conservative base map so im curious what it maxes out at myself.

and im in the same boat with the clutch thing.. def not fun to drop the transmission.

i like the pic at the track, you look like a man on a mission and focused in.
Thanks Tom, I have no doubt that you will get it close to 500whp as soon as I get off my *** and get a new clutch installed. You need to slow down on your clutch install because your making me feel like a slacker!

Dan (drb)
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
nice results - is that typically where the hta green hits peak boost? like 4400-4500 rpms?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kyoo
nice results - is that typically where the hta green hits peak boost? like 4400-4500 rpms?
around there yes. i can probably make it alittle quicker, but the sooner peak tq occurs the more blow the rods get which isnt something you want on stock rods. the torque is forced to stop increasing as well in early rpm to protect the engine, otherwise this turbo can be a torque monster. i dont remove the tq enough to sacrifice the power curves and flatten the tq curve, but i do it enough to maintain safety.

heres an example here of tq control: - kept it low but not so low that it would jeopardize the fun factor of the vehicle while having much higher hp

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...e85-500hp.html

then here it is on 93oct, youll notice the tq curve much earlier here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ane-28psi.html

so it just depends..

I try to tune all cars in 3rd gear and if i tune in 4th i will make note on the forum post that way people can compare results with results.

also the above car is mivec, which also can be manipulated to assist in spool. this specific evo in this post is an evo 8 (non mivec).

if you really want to see what the turbos capable of, search for some built evos like Curt Browns on the fp green hta.

Last edited by tscompusa2; Aug 29, 2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by drb
Thanks Tom, I have no doubt that you will get it close to 500whp as soon as I get off my *** and get a new clutch installed. You need to slow down on your clutch install because your making me feel like a slacker!

Dan (drb)
i think it was more of a pain this time then any other time! and this is around my 5th time doing it. This time i was able to keep the control arms connected to the ball joints tho and not touch the control arm bolts and just unbuckle the struts from wheel assembly and push it down and to the side and slide the axles out.. makes it much easier then undoing the entire assembly down there. if you need more info on it just msg me on aol.

but ya your intake box is awesome. maybe you can design me one
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
around there yes. i can probably make it alittle quicker, but the sooner peak tq occurs the more blow the rods get which isnt something you want on stock rods. the torque is forced to stop increasing as well in early rpm to protect the engine, otherwise this turbo can be a torque monster. i dont remove the tq enough to sacrifice the power curves and flatten the tq curve, but i do it enough to maintain safety.

heres an example here of tq control: - kept it low but not so low that it would jeopardize the fun factor of the vehicle while having much higher hp

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...e85-500hp.html

then here it is on 93oct, youll notice the tq curve much earlier here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ane-28psi.html

so it just depends..

I try to tune all cars in 3rd gear and if i tune in 4th i will make note on the forum post that way people can compare results with results.

also the above car is mivec, which also can be manipulated to assist in spool. this specific evo in this post is an evo 8 (non mivec).
gotcha, thanks. the reason i asked is because im looking for a turbo for autocross and sometimes im WOT at really low rpms
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kyoo
gotcha, thanks. the reason i asked is because im looking for a turbo for autocross and sometimes im WOT at really low rpms
fp green hta would be fine for you. its very responding. very close to the stock 9 turbo but with lots more airflow capabilities.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

i would love an intake box like that but just noticed not way that would work with the damn acd reservoir..such a clean install, enjoy your car.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:00 PM
drb
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zeus1
i would love an intake box like that but just noticed not way that would work with the damn acd reservoir..such a clean install, enjoy your car.
Thanks. The intake box could be made to work with the ACD reservoir, but you would be limited on intake pipe/filter choices. A short filter like the HKS would fit with a box like this even with the ACD reservoir.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

ok that is good to know thanks so i am running the same intake pipe as you did you have to modify the fp intake pipe or just use a lower profile filter like the hks?
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:03 AM
drb
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zeus1
ok that is good to know thanks so i am running the same intake pipe as you did you have to modify the fp intake pipe or just use a lower profile filter like the hks?
I used the FP Intake and I actually replaced the Buschur filter shown in the pics with a longer Amsoil filter, but I don't have ACD reservoir. With the ACD reservoir you would need to use a low profile/short filter like the HKS, and the intake box would need to be modified - moved towards the passenger side of the car, and maybe other changes depending on the intercooler piping used.

Something similar to the attached picture.
Attached Thumbnails FP HTA Green Stock Block 93 Octane & E85 - Tuned by TSCOMPUSA/VR-Speed-example.jpg  
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:45 PM
drb
Evolving Member

More tuning - updated results in the original post.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks like I need to pick up some 1450's!! lol

Quick Reply: FP HTA Green Stock Block 93 Octane & E85 - Tuned by TSCOMPUSA/VR-Speed