Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Built 2L HTA86@33psi TT long block E85 700hp! | @40psi - 790hp!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
I think he wants to take it to the track. the last time he had the car out it blew the rear end up from a 2nd gear roll. so since he bought the one i suggested the TRE 12 plate max lock.

Not sure about dyno.. ill see. but the closest dyno to him is 2hrs away. he lives in a area far from stuff in the country area of NY.

but the goal for this car is 150mph trapspeed.. its a well put together car. the guy does aviation for a living and is very strict on what he uses for his car and how he assembles it.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
I think he wants to take it to the track. the last time he had the car out it blew the rear end up from a 2nd gear roll. so since he bought the one i suggested the TRE 12 plate max lock.

Not sure about dyno.. ill see. but the closest dyno to him is 2hrs away. he lives in a area far from stuff in the country area of NY.

but the goal for this car is 150mph trapspeed.. its a well put together car. the guy does aviation for a living and is very strict on what he uses for his car and how he assembles it.
theres one about 45~ from him (25min from me) its a dynapack at synapseturbo

i made 365ish from what i remember and went 117
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Any chance that this will get on a Mustang or Dynojet?

Aaron
Don't think so sir. Closest dyno that I'd put it on for numbers that would matter to this forum is STM, which is 5 hours away.

Thanks for the kind words Tom. Yeah, there are closer dyno's than STM, but the only numbers that would matter to me would be from a 'known' dyno on the forum. With that said, I'm a firm believer that the Virtual Dyno numbers are DEAD NUTS accurate.

Originally Posted by 4g63evoeight
theres one about 45~ from him (25min from me) its a dynapack at synapseturbo

i made 365ish from what i remember and went 117
Synapse is nearly 2 hours (towing) from me, Pete.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
I like track numbers too. Hope you see 150+, with that power it should do it.

Aaron
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
I like track numbers too. Hope you see 150+, with that power it should do it.

Aaron
Yep, that's the goal. Ran out of time this season, but I may very well run it next season for trap speed.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was the rear end stock?

I got the weir plates and had my OE rear diff rebuilt (similar to the TRE upgrade). Aside from clicking noise at low speeds its been a pretty good (and cheap) upgrade.

Good luck on trap speeds. I'm looking to get some trap speed numbers in 2 weeks. Going back to dyno to re-tune (hopefully) tomorrow.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 09:47 PM
Former Sponsor

yes the rear end was stock im almost positive. if yours is built you have nothing to worry about. the rears rarely go in these cars.. there are drag cars on this forum that run almost 9 flat on stock rear and probably some i dont even know of going quicker.

are you going to meet the other dude i did Hurell with the 2.4LR?
Old Dec 11, 2011, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

I was just talking to Nasty (Tom)...

I should of VD'ed the car again after the small brakes (we tuned it on the stock front brakes), probably would of broken 800. Not that it would not do it now in 4th, I just don't want to go that fast on the street unless I need to. Yes, I'm getting old. Oh well, I'll VD it at the start of next season and see how much power the new mods (other than the brakes) add!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:08 AM
Former Sponsor

next spring we will update this thread with a 150mph+ time slip
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:45 AM

Damn, so it's taken a built motor, built head, built transfer case, built tranny, built rear diff, and a turbo kit to get this power and maintain it plus supporting mods. Sounds like 55 grand build.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlackOpsEvo
Damn, so it's taken a built motor, built head, built transfer case, built tranny, built rear diff, and a turbo kit to get this power and maintain it plus supporting mods. Sounds like 55 grand build.
i don't think its close to 55k. i have a built evo myself and i believe i don't have anymore then 20k in it, and that includes everything but the rear end being built.

this evo is no where near 55k i don't think. these cars don't cost that much to make quick/fast.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:16 PM

Done right the first time from scratch, I'd say no more than $30K spent to achieve this power.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:56 PM
Account Disabled

great power on big boost
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:13 AM

You boys might want to include the car in your estimates. You can't build an Evo without first buying an Evo.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Very nice... car must feel awesome! Any video of it in action?

Scott

Quick Reply: Built 2L HTA86@33psi TT long block E85 700hp! | @40psi - 790hp!