Evo 9 - Big power on 93oct from an ETS Twinscroll 6266 turbokit - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Go Back  EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community > Lancer Evolution 1-9 Forums > Evo Dyno Tuning and Results
Reload this Page >

Evo 9 - Big power on 93oct from an ETS Twinscroll 6266 turbokit

Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning and Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evo 9 - Big power on 93oct from an ETS Twinscroll 6266 turbokit

Old May 24, 2013, 11:07 PM
  #1  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 10,301
Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts
Evo 9 - Big power on 93oct from an ETS Twinscroll 6266 turbokit

We finished Phillips evo for now on 93oct. He has to heavy of springs in the wastegates, so we were unable to control the boost. This is 100% on wastegate pressure only. cool thing is, the gas he uses is really good 93oct, so we were able to still get it done even with 38-40psi boost creeps.

This car made real high #'s on 93. higher than most setups do.

*** this is just a temporary result due to not being able to go lower boost ***

I just wanted to share with others how well the 6266 worked even on limited octane gas when pushed to the absolute edge. again though, i didn't do this boost curve by choice! the Tial MVS 38mm gates wont allow any lower boost with the 15psi springs! so if you guys are doing dual gates do not get them each with 15psi springs or this will be your boost curve!

Fuel: 93octane~
ECU: Stock ecu + speed density

Mods:

Built 2.0 Manley pistons / Manley H-Beam Rods
Kelford 272 Cams
BR Double pumper
FIC 1450cc Injectors
Grimmspeed 3port
Greddy Evo2 exhaust
BR 65mm throttle body
Ported intake manifold
ETS Speed density 4" intake
ETS 4" Intercooler
ETS UICP LICP
ETS turbo kit 6266 Ball bearing 1.00 Twin Scroll T4
Dual 38mm TiAL MVS Wastegates (15psi springs each)
Tial Q BOV
ACT XTSS Clutch With ACT Flywheel



================================================== ====================

heres what it made on a dyno dynamics; (one of two pulls. other one made 595)



Phillip emailed me the following:

Welp the Dyno backed up the numbers and everyone was blown away. I won the 4 cylinder FI class! And folks flip that I had a dyno sheet already with those same numbers lol.

(THIS DYNO IS CALIBRATED TO READ LIKE A LOCAL DYNOJET NEAR THEM)


================================================== ====================

curious to see what it makes once i can drop the boost around 33psi. def cant be running 40psi on 93 for to much longer.

Last edited by tscompusa; Jun 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM.
tscompusa is offline  
Old May 24, 2013, 11:26 PM
  #2  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (102)
 
detroit pistins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,153
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
very nice work Tom....I bet drivebility is even better
detroit pistins is offline  
Old May 25, 2013, 01:48 AM
  #3  
Evolving Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice work tom


Couple of questions for you friend.


What do you think on same setup but with 6466 t4 twinscroll 1.0 a/r?

Voices say that spool very similar to 6266 but make way more power with a more brutal powerband.

Do you think it will be interesting?

Last edited by el.guerrero; May 25, 2013 at 04:14 AM.
el.guerrero is offline  
Old May 25, 2013, 04:36 AM
  #4  
Evolving Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dubai
Posts: 340
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Very nice power on 93oct.
I hope to get better results from my 6266 once the car is back from the shop and with Toms magic
Evo9_Dubai is offline  
Old May 25, 2013, 05:50 AM
  #5  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (23)
 
05ah8james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 771
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
someone get this man a camera, we need a video!
05ah8james is offline  
Old May 25, 2013, 07:44 AM
  #6  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (5)
 
V8HAHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tucson
Posts: 485
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
This has me excited. I have a top mount 6266 being finished up right now. I'll be on E85 on a freshly built 2.0lr with S3 cams. Good job Tom on the tune, once again you have worked your magic.
V8HAHA is offline  
Old May 25, 2013, 03:15 PM
  #7  
Evolving Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EGYPT
Posts: 188
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
that's serious boost on pump gas good work
HsamehH is offline  
Old May 25, 2013, 05:10 PM
  #8  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 10,301
Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by detroit pistins View Post
very nice work Tom....I bet drivebility is even better


Originally Posted by el.guerrero View Post
Nice work tom


Couple of questions for you friend.


What do you think on same setup but with 6466 t4 twinscroll 1.0 a/r?

Voices say that spool very similar to 6266 but make way more power with a more brutal powerband.

Do you think it will be interesting?
I am not sure. i don't think a 6466 could make more on 93 though in this cars current situation / case. however a 6466 on a t4 housing? it would kick ***! If you're interested in anything pm me i sold the guy this kit. I try to sell a lot of ETS parts because they are top notch & back up their work with a great warranty if anything ever were to crack or happen.

Originally Posted by Evo9_Dubai View Post
Very nice power on 93oct.
I hope to get better results from my 6266 once the car is back from the shop and with Toms magic
Thanks Adel! We are going to swap to lighter springs asap though. running this high of boost on straight 93 is not recommended to do. I think the only reason i was even able to work with this crazy high boost curve was because the boost did drop off to around 36 or so uptop. otherwise we would have had to abort the tuning session.

The car in this current condition is only gonna see 1 tank of fuel most likely. its just temporary

Originally Posted by V8HAHA View Post
This has me excited. I have a top mount 6266 being finished up right now. I'll be on E85 on a freshly built 2.0lr with S3 cams. Good job Tom on the tune, once again you have worked your magic.
The 6266 is definitely a really good choice for 93octane. It seems to have a edge on the 6466 in that regard. once you do E85 though the 6466 dominates.

This boost will be dropped back to around 34psi or so not sure how much were gonna try and do, but the 38-40psi right now is not going to stay!

Originally Posted by HsamehH View Post
that's serious boost on pump gas good work
Ya its just temporary though until we swap out to the 5psi springs then i will be able to set it much lower.

Originally Posted by 05ah8james View Post
someone get this man a camera, we need a video!
looks like you have a nice setup yourself.
tscompusa is offline  
Old May 25, 2013, 10:32 PM
  #9  
Newbie
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: florida
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
must be reliable like that on 93 octane with only on 13 pounds. You just gave me an idea to do mine like that . btw nice numbers and car.
intoaevo is offline  
Old May 26, 2013, 01:04 AM
  #10  
Evolving Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa View Post




I am not sure. i don't think a 6466 could make more on 93 though in this cars current situation / case. however a 6466 on a t4 housing? it would kick ***! If you're interested in anything pm me i sold the guy this kit. I try to sell a lot of ETS parts because they are top notch & back up their work with a great warranty if anything ever were to crack or happen.
I also have a fullrace t4 twinscroll turbokit, planning to run after the rebuilt 93+ water/meth injection. I'm only confused if go for 6266 1.0 a/r t4 twinscroll or try the new 6466 1.0 a/r.

What do you suggest me?
el.guerrero is offline  
Old May 26, 2013, 07:30 AM
  #11  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 493
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That is just insne #'s on 93.

I would go 6466 and never look back. lol
Lexus01IS is offline  
Old May 26, 2013, 07:57 AM
  #12  
Evolving Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
why u say this lexus?
el.guerrero is offline  
Old May 26, 2013, 08:14 AM
  #13  
Evolving Member
 
Silvermike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trinidad
Posts: 204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dammit... maybe i should have done this instead of the ss 5858
Silvermike is offline  
Old May 26, 2013, 11:13 PM
  #14  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 10,301
Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by intoaevo View Post
must be reliable like that on 93 octane with only on 13 pounds. You just gave me an idea to do mine like that . btw nice numbers and car.
we dont plan on changing the fuel in the tank, so for temp this was ok for him to show his car off. or changing gas stations for that matter.

Originally Posted by el.guerrero View Post
I also have a fullrace t4 twinscroll turbokit, planning to run after the rebuilt 93+ water/meth injection. I'm only confused if go for 6266 1.0 a/r t4 twinscroll or try the new 6466 1.0 a/r.

What do you suggest me?
with methanol and big nozzles id go with 6466. the 6466 shines with a lot of boost.

Originally Posted by Lexus01IS View Post
That is just insne #'s on 93.

I would go 6466 and never look back. lol
Its interesting though, because sometimes the 6266 is better for 93oct then the 6466. the 6466 likes a lot of boost, and normally you cant run this kind of boost on 93.

Originally Posted by Silvermike View Post
dammit... maybe i should have done this instead of the ss 5858
the 5858 is a nice little turbo. i dont know what your power goals are/were but that turbos not bad.
tscompusa is offline  
Old May 27, 2013, 05:22 AM
  #15  
Evolving Member
 
Silvermike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trinidad
Posts: 204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the goal is 500. The reason i did not go with the 62xx turbo was bcuz this ca ris my DD and i was worried about loss of response. But the ts 6266 u tuned there looks brilliant.
Silvermike is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Evo 9 - Big power on 93oct from an ETS Twinscroll 6266 turbokit


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.