Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Built 2L ETS 3582R S2 92oct @ 29psi

Old Apr 12, 2013, 01:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Built 2L ETS 3582R S2 92oct @ 29psi

Tuned Graphics evo late last night. At first he was using a AEM truboost, but he got sick of it quick and didnt 100% want to read up on how to thoroughly use it. It removed boost after he added it, so he took the car back home and threw a 3 port on it. Then that was connected wrong. finally we got everything going, and i didnt get to sleep until 8am because of this car last night.

At first on 92oct that it had in the tank from 3months ago it was making some really big #'s for his setup. it was able to run 32psi with no detonation and the power was around 540 i was super surprised, then i asked him to refill at the same station he normally does, and after he topped off the tank from 1/4 to full the detonation came. I guess it was to good to be true. The new 92 chevron fuel was knock prone, which forced me to drop the boost down to around 29-30psi.

After lowering the boost all was well. This car did really good for its mods and fuel and i feel others can benefit from me sharing his full mod list so you get an idea what it takes to make a pretty good spooling setup in t3 form with even good power on low octane fuel.

ECU: Tephra v7 + speed density
Fuel: 92octane chevron
Loc: WA / 44F

Mods:

Evo 9 MIVEC engine:
4G63 2.0L 9.5:1 Compression Bored .10 Over Eagle Rods Wiseco HD Pistons
ARP Headstuds
AMS Balance Shaft Eliminator
P&P Head 3 Angle Valve Grind
GSC S2 Cams
GSC Springs & retainers
Kiggly HLA
FIC 1450's
ETS FP HTA3582R w/ .82 AR
ETS Header
ETS Short Route UICP
Tial Waste Gate
Greddy Ti-C Exhaust
Graphic Custom Intake
Graphic Custom Catch Can and Fittings
Graphic Custom Coil on Plug
Tial Q VTA BOV
Grimmspeed 3 port
Buschur Double Pumper
Magnus V5 intake manifold
Magnus Heat Barrier Gasket
FullBlown 70mm TB

Graph:

Some cool pics of the car. It has some really wide tires on it!

Next is E85. since he doesn't have E85 close to him, a good 1hr drive in total, im going to have him purchase a ethanol content gauge and we are going to mix it and do a mix tune + a full e85 tune. will share the results after thats done sometime in the next week or so.

Last edited by tscompusa; Apr 12, 2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that fuel really does suck. interesting catch can design.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

looks like a beast!!
Old Apr 12, 2013, 02:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
I like the catch can as well. Great power!

Michael
Old Apr 12, 2013, 02:30 PM
Former Sponsor

ya. this is a good example of the spool curve on this car. this run knocked however and pulled timing all the way to redline.

but you get the idea. it sucks VD doesn't really show off the true spool curve / characteristics of my tuning abilities.

and here is before we filled up with the gas that caused the car to start knocking:

This didnt knock at all + took the high boost & more timing:

thats the best 92oct ive ever worked with to date based on those results + setup + boost pressure. this is why hes so interested in mixing his own ethanol content, because he was very happy with the 570whp.

Something else thats interesting is, it was going lean on its own at higher RPM + real rich mid range. once he refilled with the fresh gas the afr curve corrected itself to the 11 flat i initially posted. I suspect it going lean at higher RPM because the car was down at or slightly under a 1/4 tank, but why did it go richer mid range? maybe the old gas had more ethanol in it.

I should also note before he was only making 420whp on 92oct, so i gave him another 70whp. he is more then happy, but once you feel 570whp you dont want to go back down to 491

im sure he will post in here and explain in more detail.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 02:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ETS Michael

Michael
it made 570whp on whatever gas he had in the tank at first. he said 92oct. we were getting so low on gas that his WOT pulls were starving the pump and leaning the car out, so i had him go refill. I told him please fill at the same place the gas came from, because i never seen 92 respond like that before.

he refilled, and thats when he started detonating. I couldnt get it clean until around 29-30psi and less timing. we were both sad, but i guess whatever was in the car before was just a abnormally high octane or high ethanol content. thats all i can think.

I should post some more pics of his setup he has on facebook here, you guys make a beautiful turbo kit.

the 570 runs were not 100% clean, but only 1-2 counts at best at low rpm. The old gas at 540whp was 100% clean though no knock. I wish gas would just stay the same and stations wouldn't get crap gas like they do.

Last edited by tscompusa; Apr 12, 2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i love the RPF1's! im amazed that those tires dont rub. again nice work Tom on that sh*t gas haha! on E85 it should see close to 600whp if not more easy i would think.

PS: what is up with the catch can lines to valve cover they are ugly as hell! but the catch can looks super nice
Old Apr 12, 2013, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael

Michael
ETS has been a great help to me with my financial needs and goals! These guys have worked with me in ways most people will not. Thanks again Michael!

Originally Posted by tscompusa
it made 570whp on whatever gas he had in the tank at first. he said 92oct. we were getting so low on gas that his WOT pulls were starving the pump and leaning the car out, so i had him go refill. I told him please fill at the same place the gas came from, because i never seen 92 respond like that before.

he refilled, and thats when he started detonating. I couldnt get it clean until around 29-30psi and less timing. we were both sad, but i guess whatever was in the car before was just a abnormally high octane or high ethanol content. thats all i can think.

I should post some more pics of his setup he has on facebook here, you guys make a beautiful turbo kit.

the 570 runs were not 100% clean, but only 1-2 counts at best at low rpm. The old gas at 540whp was 100% clean though no knock. I wish gas would just stay the same and stations wouldn't get crap gas like they do.
And a super duper thank you to Tom!!!! LOL. I can't believe how long he toughed it out to resolve a couple issues with fuel and the POS AEM True boost. I just didn't want to deal with it anymore. I am super stoked and curious about filling up at another gas station to see what may happen in the future. Right now I am pleased BUT MAN was 570hp crazy!! I had the car dyno'd previously on E85 @ 515awhp on a dynojet and this was WAAY faster. 33 PSI was no joke! Tom wasn't even sure if the dyno was right at first so we did a couple more runs. He even asked me if I had race gas in the car and I told him I've never put anything but E85 and pump in and I haven't ran the car on E85 in at least 7 tanks minimum. I told him during the runs that this was crazy faster than the car had ever been and I could tell it was way over 515awhp! I really want to find out where I got the gas at last. I'm almost thinking maybe it was in snohomish at this shell station. Wish I knew a way to test octane levels of pump gas...

Can't wait to buy that gauge. I will probably be ordering that this weekend and hoping to get my carputer installed sometime this month or next for kicks.

Originally Posted by 5LEEPERISAH23I
i love the RPF1's! im amazed that those tires dont rub. again nice work Tom on that sh*t gas haha! on E85 it should see close to 600whp if not more easy i would think.

PS: what is up with the catch can lines to valve cover they are ugly as hell! but the catch can looks super nice
The rims I'm currently rocking are G-Forces 18x10 +35. I was trying to get a + 38 but was surprised these work well! I rub with my 320lb friend in the back seat but I don't have my quarters rolled yet and it doesn't rub much. R/T Ernie helped me out with a lot of the technical information so we could get some wide tiers on the stock body. Plus he fabricated me some end links

As far a the catch can goes. I completely made that myself. I will be upgrading the lines to it with some nicer ones, putting a baffle in it just in case, and make a drain valve for it it so I can just empty it if I go to the road course without removing it or using tools. It only cost me $50 to make roughly. That included the air filters.

Here's a pic of what it kind of looks like now @ The Ridge Motorsports Park. I have a bunch of carbon fiber beauty pieces to put on but that will be in a few weeks or so. I recently had surgery so I can only handle so much physical labor right now.

In my sig there is a link to my build below.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 06:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for explaining the results and progress and so forth Gideon! was a pleasure to work with you and tune your car. It should be a whole nother ball game once on E85!

I appreciate the kind words!
Old Apr 15, 2013, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
Thanks for explaining the results and progress and so forth Gideon! was a pleasure to work with you and tune your car. It should be a whole nother ball game once on E85!

I appreciate the kind words!
Of course can't wait!

A little pic of the car cruise my friends and I went on.

Old Apr 15, 2013, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
Nice!
Old Apr 15, 2013, 02:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Graphic
Of course can't wait!

A little pic of the car cruise my friends and I went on.

nice. soon your car is going to wax every car from that meet.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 06:35 PM
Former Sponsor

This car ran a supercharged viper making over 600whp with meth and beat it pretty badly. still on 92oct!